Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Puncture / Invoice Estimate from Tesla (+ Chargeport Isolator Pins Repair)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All

I got a dreaded puncture - I think it's a flooring staple from next door who are having floors replaced :-(

Phoned a few tire places no-one would touch a Tesla so planned appointment with Tesla SC (maybe I need to try harder with Tire shops)

A couple of questions:

1. They sent me a pre-estimate for "General Diagnosis" of $97.50. Seems a bit odd since I already specified the problem - not sure what they will diagnose lol
2. Does anyone know if Tesla SC's repair - or they are just going to charge me for a new tire (in which case paying for a Diagnosis seems odd)

Finally, interestingly there is also an item for "Charge Port Isolator Pins" replacement - assume this is just a standard nn-recall-type fix (never had any issues with charging).

Thanks,

Steve.

Attachments

• Tire.jpg
    Tire.jpg
    234.5 KB · Views: 79
  • Invoice.PNG
    Invoice.PNG
    436.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Informative
Reactions: outdoors
Hi All

I got a dreaded puncture - I think it's a flooring staple from next door who are having floors replaced :-(

Phoned a few tire places no-one would touch a Tesla so planned appointment with Tesla SC (maybe I need to try harder with Tire shops)

A couple of questions:

1. They sent me a pre-estimate for "General Diagnosis" of $97.50. Seems a bit odd since I already specified the problem - not sure what they will diagnose lol
2. Does anyone know if Tesla SC's repair - or they are just going to charge me for a new tire (in which case paying for a Diagnosis seems odd)

Finally, interestingly there is also an item for "Charge Port Isolator Pins" replacement - assume this is just a standard nn-recall-type fix (never had any issues with charging).

Thanks,

Steve.

Search these forums for lots of info on these subjects...for the tires, did you try America's Tire/Discount Tire. They can handle Tesla and can fix tires (usually for free).

If it’s just a puncture in the tread you can buy a repair kit with plugs and tools at any parts store or on amazon for around $10. Not rocket science. These are conventional tires that are available to Tesla and non-Tesla owners alike. If it’s in the sidewall then a new tire is likely your fix.