Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Professional Dash Cam Installation in Metro Denver?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Where to mount the sideview cameras though?

And if you upgrade MCU1 to MCU2, does that include getting sideview cameras needed for sentry mode?
I thought that had to do with the AP computer?

Does anybody know what exactly is needed fror Sentry Mode?
I'd have to try to track down pictures but they somehow mounted them along the headliner and pointing out the side windows.

For Sentry mode side view, you'd need a car with at least AP2 hardware (built since October 2016). The color on AP2 cars won't be true color but is still good enough to record and view.

So you need MCU2 and AP2 hardware? Does those include the side view cameras?
AP2, AP2.5 and AP3 all have the side cameras.

If you have AP2.5+ and MCU1, you can have Sentry mode with front and side cameras. If you have MCU2, you can also record from the rear camera.

I recently upgraded my AP2 car to AP3 and have the Sentry functionality with recording from 4 cameras. The front and rear cameras are full color and the two side cameras are RCCC which is better than B&W but not full color.

AP2 with just MCU1 doesn't record anything.

• Love
Reactions: Taoweiji
What does it cost to upgrade the AP and the MCU?
For the MCU1 to MCU2 upgrade, it is $2500 plus taxes.
The upgrade from AP2 or AP2.5 to AP3 depends on whether or not you've already purchased FSD. If you've already paid for FSD, you don't have to pay anything additional for the upgrade to AP3 (FSD computer). If you haven't paid for FSD, then it could cost up to $8000 or so.

Reactions: Taoweiji