Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Dash Cam Installers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, Anyone recommend a good installer in Southern California for Model S dash cam? And what model dash cam would you recommend—I specifically want Blackvue—what model Blackvue do you recommend. I’ve had a Blackvue installed in my other nonTesla car but with Tesla I’m very nervous that it will interfere with all the electronics.

The dashcam is really not that hard to install. But get the new blackvue dr900S. 4k recording and the quality is excellent.

Thanks. I’m like the last person you’d want to install anything. Who would you recommend? Also, it doesn’t interfere with Model S functions? I read somewhere a customer had dash cam installed on his Model S and his wiper blades stopped working. He took it to his Tesla service center and they said it was the install of dash cam. I definitely want to avoid these nightmare cases.

@Bunnak see my post above re:installs and BlackVue ...note issues you read on BlackVue and Tesla had to do with installs powering from the OBD port and failing to download software updates ..there are other places to draw power and you will be fine ..I have had BlackVue running in my S for four years no issues now just doing one in my X ...also if u need wrap ..I have good shop to recommend in Irvine that just did my X

@Bunnak see my post above re:installs and BlackVue ...note issues you read on BlackVue and Tesla had to do with installs powering from the OBD port and failing to download software updates ..there are other places to draw power and you will be fine ..I have had BlackVue running in my S for four years no issues now just doing one in my X ...also if u need wrap ..I have good shop to recommend in Irvine that just did my X

Great! I’m looking for clear bra just on the front. Who should I contact? And regarding Johnny for install of Blackvue how do I contact him? Thank you!

Wrap ..call Loc at SoCalExotics 9493358083 tell him Dale sent u

For Johnny at calibred 3106540532

Johnny is doing mine at Santa Ana SC in few weeks he is mobile and will do whenever you are at ..he has done 100s of Tesla’s ..his work is great !! Also congrats on new car !

Reactions: Bunnak
Wrap ..call Loc at SoCalExotics 9493358083 tell him Dale sent u

For Johnny at calibred 3106540532

Johnny is doing mine at Santa Ana SC in few weeks he is mobile and will do whenever you are at ..he has done 100s of Tesla’s ..his work is great !! Also congrats on new car !

Thanks! My car just arrived today! I’ll be contacting your recommended folks soon.

Reactions: P85_DA