Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone near Menlo Park peek in and see what numbers they are working on? Tesla seems to be more secretive than Apple with regards to what is coming up. I would hate to think they are still working on the 1020's. By my calculation, Vin# 1044 should be up on the lifts there.

I don't know if #1044 was being produced in Menlo Park back in September, but it was in the parking garage of the PRO club in Bellevue, WA (near Microsoft) today. I wonder who owns it.

Roadster 2.5 #0476 -- Status | Your Roadster is at the Tesla Store. This is an EU Roadster just flown into Tokyo yesterday. The dealer tells me it's actually still waiting to clear customs and vehicle checks (they check to make sure it really has no engine of all things!!!) and will be brought into the city tomorrow. Unfortunately in Tokyo, the shop is at a totally different location than the dealership (I believe Tokyo is the only Tesla store like this), so not sure what day I'll actually be able to see the vehicle. Very soon though!

Actually Benji, I think more shops will be set up this way (if not already done so)...the Toronto office looks like it might be the same as Tokyo...have the store downtown in a trendy area, but have the shop located elsewhere.

I think this is a very smart move, especially in the Toronto area...have the store in a high traffic, affluent area to draw in prospects...save on the high rent by having the service area in a more commercial / industrial mall type area (lower rent)...it also saves folks from out of town having to go all the way into the city for service should you wish to visit the service shop rather than have the Ranger visit your house.

Actually Benji, I think more shops will be set up this way (if not already done so)...the Toronto office looks like it might be the same as Tokyo...have the store downtown in a trendy area, but have the shop located elsewhere.

In Toronto the main issue is zoning. Trendy locations have zoning that do not permit automotive repair shops. They're worried about spillage of toxic fluids. Of course Tesla cars aren't full of oil and gas, but city hall doesn't care about that.

Good point!

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it...however, I would be very happy not to have to drive into downtown TO to get to the shop...

In Toronto the main issue is zoning. Trendy locations have zoning that do not permit automotive repair shops. They're worried about spillage of toxic fluids. Of course Tesla cars aren't full of oil and gas, but city hall doesn't care about that.

The problem with the Tokyo service center is that it's way out of the center of town where rents are way cheaper of course, but there is nothing around there to do really when you bring the car in, and probably even finding the place will be a bit of a challange... right now Tesla won't let customers go out there as they have not built a waiting area or anything yet, just a big garage apparently. For the moment, customers just bring their cars to the dealership and Tesla takes it out to the shop. In addition to the shop, they also have a separate storage facility for cars and parts somewhere else. It's just so expensive here for quality space, so very understandable that they needed to make a few compromises. Another interesting point, off topic a bit -- since the longest anyone has had a car here yet is about 5 months, they still have not decided what to charge for the annual check up. $600 would be nice, but somehow I think they'll get a bit of a premium on that here....

Anyway, to get back on topic --- my car is here somewhere in Tokyo, will finally get a chance to see it tomorrow or the next day! 楽しみにしています!

Last edited:
London is also supposed to be moving to a split site with the Store remaining in Cheval Place near Harrods and the workshop somewhere else entirely.

Interestingly on a recent visit I was shown the oil drums for waste oil that (because they are an automotive repair workshop) they are required to have, even though they obviously never have anything to put in them. Like the Toronto zoning issues and the Japanese engine checks these ICE throwback regulations will be here for a long time to come I suspect. Just waiting for my first MOT test (when the car turns three years old) when I am convinced that they will want to run an emissions test!