Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got an email today with actual photo's of my car!!

But the text sounds like they haven't started the motor/battery/controller install yet. If so, I'm slightly disappointed as that likely means it won't head north to Seattle until next week.

Update: Ted confirms that the drive train is in which allowed him to get actual pictures of the car. Should ship "in the next week" (I'm going to hope that means "tomorrow" ;)).

photo.jpg
photo-1.jpg

Looks good though, doesn't it?

Last edited:
Update: Ted confirms that the drive train is in which allowed him to get actual pictures of the car. Should ship "in the next week" (I'm going to hope that means "tomorrow" ;)).

Yes, if the drive-train (including battery pack) wasn't in the car, I think it would sit higher in the back with more of a gap between bodywork and rear tire.
So it does look like a photo of a completed Roadster.

Good stuff Jason!...I'm sure that you'll really enjoy your drive home tonight! :biggrin:

...I'm being told now to expect Dec 22-24 for arrival in Ontario...oh well, as long as it arrives before Christmas so I can enjoy some holiday kms without the congestion of "regular grind" traffic...

Yeah, I saw that and it blew me away lol!

I only travel about 2 km to work 1 way, so even with the "unabashed educate the general public TM ride program" that I'll happily participate in ( :biggrin: ), I think 500 miles might be more of a 3-4 week total for me...at least until the better weather in spring (when I just might disappear for weeks on end! :biggrin::wink:) .

Nice! You're going to love it -- I put ~500 miles on my car in the first week without going out of my way to take extra drives aside from giving rides to friends.

I know! I can't believe I actually told them to hang onto it for a few days longer but will make things a little easier for me. If I hadn't delayed it, it would have been 10 weeks from order to delivery.

I know exactly how you feel. I had mine delayed so it would qualify for the new Ontario EV rebate program. It's hard knowing it's just sitting there waiting for you.