Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since I was in West LA today, I figured I'd stop by the store and hit up Adam in-person about the delivery status of my car. He said there is a "possibility" that they will send the first batch on a truck to LA on Thursday. I told him to do his best to make sure this happens. If it does happen, I could have my car by Friday for the holiday weekend. This is still just a possibility, but he said he would call me tomorrow (Wed) to confirm if it will be a reality.

Wednesday

Greetings one and all.

Just got off the phone with Adam.

UPDATE.

Adam says he is 80% confident that the first batch of 2010 Roadsters will leave the factory next Tuesday.

I've got everything crossed.

I was at Menlo Park today and they are being very hush hush on 2010 Roadster access. I ran into Rachel (PR chief) and she explained, but swore me to secrecy on the upcoming surprise.

After sufficient begging I was allowed to see a 2010 Roadster and it was clearly not ready for customer delivery. There are some key interior parts not yet installed.

I think I saw around 30 of the 2010 Roadsters in the back parking lot and inside the assembly building. But I was not able to walk around close to them.

I believe they are really close (within days) to shipping some customers 2010 Roadsters.

At least you get SOME information

Seems like you guys over there at least have someone to talk to and get your questions answered - more or less.
All I was able to get in the last few weeks was a standardized e-mail a couple days ago confirming that they received my money four weeks ago and that my roadster ist scheduled for September.
I do understand that they're apparently understaffed here in Central Europe, however, it is getting to be a little annoying that they seem to be completely reluctant to answering questions of any kind at the moment, let alone answer their e-mails.

So, we are supposed to just speculate freely?

A Roadster in all clear carbon fiber?

One being presented to the POTUS? (Not that he would ever be allowed to drive it, even former POTUS Clinton was blocked by the Secret Service when he got close to a test drive, but it would still be a cool gift and nice publicity).

Energy Secretary Chu getting one?

We've already had the 500th, and it's way too soon for the 1000th.

Maybe we find out what happens with Sig100 #100?
P1100354.jpg

Last edited:
So, we are supposed to just speculate freely?

A Roadster in all clear carbon fiber?

That would be really cool if they did that. Previously they said it was really hard to get some of the body panels to look OK in bare carbon fiber, but maybe they managed to do it?

If so, it would sort of "complete the roster" of custom finishes that we debated over the years. For instance, "prismatic" was discussed and done, "blackberry" was discussed and done, copper was discussed (for stripes) and done, and bare carbon fiber was discussed.

On the other hand, there was this:
Martin said:
I asked Barney Hatt for suggestions for a custom paint job for my car. (It had become apparent that a clear coat-over-carbon fiber was impossible, and I still wanted something unique.)

EB110 SS:
medium_2468530532_5345718c91_o.jpg

Koenigsegg CCXR:
1-koenigsegg-ccxr-carbon-fiber.jpg

Pagani Zonda:
pagani-zonda-r2.jpg

Last edited:
It seems we have dragged this thread off topic.
I am guessing that the moderators may decide to move the last few posts (starting after James' rumor unsettled things) to some new topic.