Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah, I spoke with both Adam and Ted and they apologized for the delay and hope to ship the cars on Monday or Tuesday. They are still waiting for some trivial dashboard clips. Darn, there goes my fun 4th of July weekend :(

DrComputer, I just saw your #516 at Menlo Park. It looks mostly done. I got a few exterior pictures, but I don't have the cable to download them from my camera to my laptop. I will be able to post them Saturday when I get home.

There was a truck loading Tesla Roadsters this morning when I left the hotel next door. I have no idea what VIN numbers were loaded (2008 stragglers or 2010).

DrComputer, I just saw your #516 at Menlo Park. It looks mostly done. I got a few exterior pictures, but I don't have the cable to download them from my camera to my laptop. I will be able to post them Saturday when I get home.

You saw my baby! Aww. I want to see the pictures! Even better, tell them to put it on the truck and send it here. They better keep their Monday/Tuesday promise.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but chrome really sucks on a car. Especially a sports car.

As for the exposed CF, there were some bad examples at the PA Concours, and some really good examples (Mosler, R8). Enough bad examples that yeah, I believe it's a hard thing to do over even a medium amount of surface area.

Surely, there's a patent or two in figuring out how to do it for any body panel.

#506.

Had a call from Adam in LA today. He confirmed #506 and others ( did not mention which others) will be leaving the factory Monday and arriving Tuesday :biggrin:

I will be camping out!!! :tongue:

Dr. Computer, here is # 516. Click on the link to see a few more photos.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/36617301@N05/3687616521/in/set-72157615684011843

3687616521_e97f503fcf_d.jpg

Good news...and bad news :frown:

Got an e-mail from Adam this morning (Sunday) saying that my car is now scheduled to leave the factory on Tuesday for arrival in LA on Wednesday for pickup on Thursday. He also reminded me that sales tax went up .5% which is now going to cost me $609 more.

I sent back a nice but firm reply saying that I think Tesla should absorb the cost since the delay was not my fault. We've already been hit up with a price increase from the original contract we signed and had our registration almost double. The honorable thing Tesla can do is not hit us up again with another sales tax increase. I also suggested they do something in kind instead of waiving the cost like give our first few services for free or pay for the XM-Sirius subscription. We'll see what happens.

Either way, I hope I can get my car as soon as Wednesday. I'll keep you all updated if I hear more info.

Agreed, I have spoken to Adam myself regarding the sales tax.

If we stand together we have a better chance of getting it sorted.

If they deliver to you outside of LA county say Ventura the tax is 8.25%

I got the same info from Adam in LA. Apparently the long awaited clips did arrive. However, they were not the right size or something.

Got an outright refusal on the sales tax question.

I feel they need to be more amenable to all of the fantastic people that have given Tesla operating capital in the form of interest free loans ( car orders ).

Last edited:
Wow. :rolleyes: I'm a little stunned with Tesla being so resistant. I thought they were more progressive and flexible.

They should take a page from Apple. Apple constantly labors over finding the best and happiest solutions for their customers when discrepancy arrises.

At the end of the day, is it really worth upsetting your customer base?

Spoke to Ted in Menlo Park. He says they should have all of the missing internal pieces today in the cars and they are just tweaking the final firmware. The cars could possibly leave the plant as early as today, but more likely tomorrow or Friday.

I did find out more info on some new toys in the 2010's but was told to wait for approval before telling everyone about it. Let's just say the 2010's will be able to "communicate" with TMC better than the 08's did.

That's definitely the truck we have seen doing customer deliveries (and not the one we saw bringing in gliders during our visit). That's not to say the flatbed we saw on the visit wasn't a one-off, but given that the gliders arrive in an ad-hoc fashion as space allows, the smaller flatbed would probably be the usual means of getting them. Perhaps the MP groupies can shed some light?

Last edited: