Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Production/Delivery Status

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can't say for sure that no 2010s have been delivered yet, but I can say that I'm still awaiting #508, with hardly any information as to why it has been held up and no estimate on a delivery date.

Welcome Dean,

I'm #500 and we took deliverly 6/4 but we were the last 2008. I'm sure they have a ton of work to do to integrate all the changes (hidden and obvious) for the 2010s.

Dr Taras and I are are tooling around in your neck of the woods quite often. What colors did you order?

Last edited:
Adam at the LA store has been very nice, but when I pressed them about a delivery date all I got was "soon" and "hopefully the beginning of July".
Ditto and Ditto. I don't know that they realize how valuable information is in soothing the eager customer. If you find anything out at all, please let us in on the secret.

Dr Taras and I are are tooling around in your neck of the woods quite often. What colors did you order?
I once saw Ian parked EXTREMELY close to my home, and I once shouted to him from behind on Topanga Canyon. We also exchanged a few e-mails, but we haven't officially met though. Good to meet you too. Where are you located? As for my car color -- presently it's invisible.

I'm #506. I was hoping for delivery this weekend. however, I have been advised of a 1 week delay. I'm now scheduled for July 5th, I'm bursting with anticipation :biggrin:
I saw your earlier post, which prompted me to inquire with Adam if there really was a shipment scheduled for this weekend. I'm still not going to hold my breath for a July 5th delivery -- especially since that's a Sunday and a holiday weekend to boot.

I once saw Ian parked EXTREMELY close to my home, and I once shouted to him from behind on Topanga Canyon. We also exchanged a few e-mails, but we haven't officially met though. Good to meet you too. Where are you located? As for my car color -- presently it's invisible.

We waited 12 days short of 24 months. The last 2 are the most excruciating.

Sorry you missed the rally!

Just got off the phone with Ted at corporate about the delivery status of my car (and the other first batch of 2010's). He read me the production notes which said it still needed some minor adjustments of a few latches, but not much else. He also said he was going to walk over to the production line in a bit and find out more details on when it should be ready for delivery. He did say he knew we were all excited and wanted to know more information. I'll post what he tells me after he talks to production later..... it's getting close :)

Ted was nice enough to call me back this afternoon with another status update. He said they are still waiting on a few interior pieces from a supplier to show up. They hoped they would arrive by this afternoon. Otherwise, the first batch of 2010 cars should be completed by next week and hopefully on a truck for a delivery. Let's hope everything goes as planned. :biggrin:

I heard from a Tesla motors rep today that there are a few completed customer 2010 Roadsters in Menlo Park, but none have been officially delivered yet. There is one part that was missing that was causing some minor delays.

The highest VIN in Menlo Park as a glider is #530. They should be back up to their 20 per week schedule now that they have the 2010 model year process in place.

I have a hunch (though I wouldn't wager on it) that this is the week that a small handful of 2010 roadsters (mine included) will be shipped off for delivery. The big question in my mind is whether or not they'll make it to their destination before week's end. If not, we're in for what I have no doubt will be a painfully long holiday weekend wait until next Tuesday (or later).

I'm going to resist the urge to pester Adam in L.A. for details. So if anyone comes across any factual information at all concerning shipment of the first 2010s, please share. I'll be your best friend!

I just sent Ted Merendino at corporate and Adam Slusser in the LA store an e-mail asking the same question. I'll let you know what they say (hopefully good news). I don't mind being a pest. We've paid enough and waited long enough. We've earned the right to pester them.