Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Premium Connectivity and cell phone Wifi calling

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Th premium connectivity and the standard connectivity are secured connections that go through Tesla servers. It would not be possible to allow customers unsecured phones with who know what software or infections to use this secure channel. The Tesla connectivity is also used for car access authorization even when WiFi is in use. Tesla is already concerned about large bandwith utilization currently, and they would not want more junk going across their connection. An SOS crash notification system may become available in the future, but it would likely depend on your cell phone for at least some connectivity.

You should be able to, but the last time I tried to use the browser, it remembered no username or passwords, was slow, and generally didn't work well. DishAnywhere used to work, poorly, allowing me to watch my Dish programs anywhere. This now seems to be blocked. I really don't use the browser, and just use my smartphone for email, calendar, etc. Maybe someone has a more updated experience.