Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

PPF friendly insurers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After receiving a fairly big quote for car insurance with PPF i'm looking to get quotes from other insurers.

I've taken a look at the insurance mega thread but its a bit tricky to search within threads on this forum, unless i'm missing something.

Therefore i would like to build a list of insurers that (a) will insure if a car has PPF and (b) don't pull your pants down on the price.

I'll start the ball rolling:-

Admiral - PPF classed as cosmetic stickers (the operator I spoke to seem unfamiliar with PPF/Clearbra). PPF appeared to add £200 to the quote.

Check again with Admiral. They do not mind you having PPF, they just don't insure it. It should not be noted as cosmetic stickers though, that's what bumped your premium by £200. For mine they just added some notes to the policy rather than adding it as a modification. Recommend calling again and trying to get someone who understands a bit better.

Beware of Churchill, Direct Line, and other brands of U K Insurance Limited as they are known to object to PPF and often flat out refuse to offer insurance if they know you have PPF on the car.

I just enquired with Direct Line, as I was considering adding PPF after dropping my M3 off with the detailers this morning and watching them apply it to another Tesla. I can confirm Direct Line won't insure the car if it has PPF added. I decided just to stick with a ceramic coat after this, as I was on the fence anyway and didn't fancy re-organising my insurance.