Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Post A Picture Of Your Car Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
full.JPG

ALL the stalls were full, and one person waiting!

Attachments

• Tejon.JPG
    Tejon.JPG
    12.2 KB · Views: 775
Almost looks like your connected to a wind turbine generator that needs to be positioned in some wind.:wink:

Not listed on Plugshare. Active business so I only recharged during off hours/overnight just to stay out of the way. I doubt this will be reachable destination in winter due to the LACK OF SUPERCHARGERS between PA and NY... I-80/79/86, etc. We made it "comfortably" with 2-hour stop in Bellefonte, PA each way. Will use gas car for any trip not in Summer.

The fan is to promote cross ventilation in the warehouse when the doors are opened. Somewhere I pulled dashcam of the drive around to the back... it was a little nerve-wracking the first time as the ground is so deeply rutted I thought I might scrape... but even with coils I was fine.

Drove from Pagosa to Boulder today and stopped at Wood's High Mountain Distillery in Salida, CO for a quick top up, and a visit. That's me flying the drone with PT Wood, Chief Alchemist of Wood's Distillery and host of the 70 Amp J1772 there. On the bench is Bill, a local organic farmer who just brought in some fresh picked apples and peaches. The roll up door dates to when this store front was a gas station and garage in the 30's. Just inside the roll up door, you can just see the Clipper Creek CS-90 that is charging my MS as we enjoy the afternoon.

Woods-20140818-5 edit sm.jpeg

Here is a wider view showing a little more of the street. PT has made a deal with the local police to let EV's park without fear of ticketing in his curb cut, no parking area. No ICEing here!

Woods 20140818-2 edit.jpeg

Here is a wider view showing a little more of the street. PT has made a deal with the local police to let EV's park without fear of ticketing in his curb cut, no parking area. No ICEing here!

Cool pics! Being the safety conscious guy that I am, I think a caution cone over that cable would be a good idea. Probably wouldn't be good for Wood's if someone tripped and fell over that cord.

Cool pics! Being the safety conscious guy that I am, I think a caution cone over that cable would be a good idea. Probably wouldn't be good for Wood's if someone tripped and fell over that cord.

Good idea! Thanks for the recommendation.

Glad you liked the pictures. This location is on 1st Street in Old Downtown Salida. Most of those buildings are a 100 years old or more. Besides Wood's, there are many shops, restaurants, and bars within a few blocks walk. Also, a town park in next to the Arkansas River a couple of blocks, complete with launching area and kayak course. Lot's of fun. I always leave with more charge than I need; the time passes very quickly there.

Had the drone with me, so here is a shot of Charging at the Silverthorne Supercharger later. Sorry for the poor quality, this is just a frame grab from a video, but better composition than any of the stills I took.

Silverthorne 21040818.jpg

Model S named Sparky next to a Chevy Spark. The Spark wasn't charging, and I couldn't see a tailpipe, and I've never actually seen a Spark before, so I'm merely assuming it's one of the few electrics. Anyone know?

Attachments

• Regent-Sparky&Spark.jpg
    Regent-Sparky&Spark.jpg
    233.3 KB · Views: 689
Model S named Sparky next to a Chevy Spark. The Spark wasn't charging, and I couldn't see a tailpipe, and I've never actually seen a Spark before, so I'm merely assuming it's one of the few electrics. Anyone know?
That looks like a gas Spark to me. The rear valence is different on the EV, and the spokes on the wheels are slightly angled.

Badge will say Spark EV, not just Spark as well - and you can look for the charge port on the driver's fender.

Seems rather unlikely you'd see any in Canada - they are currently only sold in California and Oregon.

Seems rather unlikely you'd see any in Canada - they are currently only sold in California and Oregon.

The Spark EV is supposed to be coming to Canada, but I don't know if that has happened yet. I rented a Spark (gas) in San Diego a year or so ago and actually quite liked it... for what it was. Nice small car interior, handled the freeway up to Riverside nicely and had pretty impressive tech features (again, for that class of car). I would seriously consider a Spark EV for a second car at some point.

Good idea! Thanks for the recommendation.

Glad you liked the pictures. This location is on 1st Street in Old Downtown Salida. Most of those buildings are a 100 years old or more. Besides Wood's, there are many shops, restaurants, and bars within a few blocks walk. Also, a town park in next to the Arkansas River a couple of blocks, complete with launching area and kayak course. Lot's of fun. I always leave with more charge than I need; the time passes very quickly there.

Had the drone with me, so here is a shot of Charging at the Silverthorne Supercharger later. Sorry for the poor quality, this is just a frame grab from a video, but better composition than any of the stills I took.

View attachment 56971

DJI Phantom Vision ? Nice way to get some interesting photos

The Spark EV is supposed to be coming to Canada, but I don't know if that has happened yet. I rented a Spark (gas) in San Diego a year or so ago and actually quite liked it... for what it was. Nice small car interior, handled the freeway up to Riverside nicely and had pretty impressive tech features (again, for that class of car). I would seriously consider a Spark EV for a second car at some point.
Aha! As part of helping to organize National Drive Electric Week in Victoria, I dropped in to see the Chevy salesperson who had shown me a Volt last October. I was asking if we could borrow a Volt for one of the Week's "EVs in the Wild" displays. So he says, "Sure, or you could take that Spark EV over there". It turns out this dealer was involved with the early training on the Spark EV, and they jumped on getting the car here. So if it's not the ONLY one in Canada right now, it's pretty near to it.

I'm just kind of hoping it doesn't sell before NDEW, but sells the day after, preferably to someone who attended the event!

Start thread hijack (Any Victoria-area owners - are you willing to have your car on display on one of the days Sep15-19 or 21???) End thread hijack.

I'm posting this picture, like the one with the Spark non-EV above, because I think this is the first Model S besides mine to charge here. Woohoo!! They exist - Model S owners who will visit the hotel! So I had to park, take a picture of two at once, and coincidentally get a 1 or 2% charge while I was at it. Of course my wife thought I was nuts, but that's nothing new :).

Attachments

• Sparky&Friend.jpg
    Sparky&Friend.jpg
    250.7 KB · Views: 464