Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: Your Evaluation of the Exterior of the Model S

Your rate of the Exterior of Model S

• 10/10 Perfect!

Votes: 60 31.1%
  • 9/10 Excellent!

Votes: 96 49.7%
  • 8/10 Good

Votes: 32 16.6%
  • 7/10 Average

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • 6/10 So So

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Need to redesign for current one doesn't look good.

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The nose cone design on a black car is a real winner but on lighter colors it looked like, well... a grill, which was natural for it's time in 2012. I'd agree the refresh compliments the rest of the lines very well.

I also liked that they switched the back bumper out from raw plastic to painted black. It did lose the chrome trim unfortunately.

I didn't like the refresh at first, so much so that I started looking at used Teslas to get the nose cone. But the more I looked at it, the more it grew on me, until now the nose cone looks tacked on vs. the sleek lines of the refresh. My favorite part of the car is the rear fender bulges - makes the car look like it's ready to spring forward, perfectly proportioned execution of a timeless detail. Compared to the tacked on plastic look of many new cars, it's a modern classic.

Refresh all the way. 8/10 because it's beautiful all around but I hate chrome and there's way too much of it. I always buy what I call the "Chrome Haters Edition" of my cars whenever possible. For example, my F150 is the sport version with black grill, no chrome around the windows or handles. Even the radio antenna is painted black.

I wish there was a "Chrome Haters Edition" of the S. I guess I'll just have to look into getting a chrome delete done.