Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: When will V10 be in wide release (Elon says hopefully August)

When do you think V10 will be in wide release?

• Elon is right, starting late August 2019

• By Halloween (end of October)

• By USA Thanksgiving (end of November)

• By End of 2019

• Q1 of 2020

Results are only viewable after voting.
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
....but Elon is now saying a "4 to 8 week" delay for V10.
No - he is not saying that.
It certainly looks like he said that ;), since it was originally being forecast for about now.....

"Elon Musk has provided an update about the impending price increase that was initially set to be rolled out to Tesla’s Full Self-Driving suite on August 16. According to Musk, FSD’s price adjustment will be postponed until such time that V10 and Smart Summon are in wide release. "
"Price increase for Tesla FSD postponed until version 10 with smart summon is in wide release, which is about 4 to 8 weeks away, depending on how early access goes"
Tesla's price increase for Full Self-Driving postponed for V10, Smart Summon release

Reactions: KJD and jebinc
....but Elon is now saying a "4 to 8 week" delay for V10.

It certainly looks like he said that ;), since it was originally being forecast for about now.....

"Elon Musk has provided an update about the impending price increase that was initially set to be rolled out to Tesla’s Full Self-Driving suite on August 16. According to Musk, FSD’s price adjustment will be postponed until such time that V10 and Smart Summon are in wide release. "
"Price increase for Tesla FSD postponed until version 10 with smart summon is in wide release, which is about 4 to 8 weeks away, depending on how early access goes"
Tesla's price increase for Full Self-Driving postponed for V10, Smart Summon release
4 to 8 weeks away is not the same as "delay" of 4 to 8 weeks.

Lets stick to facts.

(ofcourse it may get delayed that much - but that is not what he is saying)

Who were those 8 people :po_O:D

IMAGE 9-10-19 AT 9.17 AM.jpeg

Yeah, I guess given that V10 is now rolling out to FSD people we can call it more or less released and more or less on time, 2 weeks is basically inconsequential in the scheme of things.

Those 14 + 19 + 28 will be the VERY first in line to criticize when something doesn't go to schedule...I wish there was a way to make people more accountable on the internet.

As an aside, I personally think (with no evidence!) the FSD pre-release thing is just to make FSDers feel like they are getting some value, which is fine, pay something, get a perk I guess. The consequence being it takes an extra week to 'release' stuff, which in reality always took them weeks to get everyone up to date anyway, so this just helps them set priority in a slightly less complaint prone way...hopefully. I guess that means I'm saying early access is just that, early access. It's not really bug testing in the classic sense. Probably a good balance point, but some will still complain they should be bottle fed personally by Elon, but I digress.

Yeah, I guess given that V10 is now rolling out to FSD people we can call it more or less released and more or less on time, 2 weeks is basically inconsequential in the scheme of things.

There is no evidence V10 is rolling out to all or even all early FSD buyers, but even if it were, your comment makes no sense as Tesla stated FSD buyers would be considered part of Early Access... not the wide release.

To be clear though: Since V10 can mean anything feature wise I would not be surprised it launching any day now. Tesla will just leave out whatever is not yet ready. Much of V10 are completely normal Easter Egg level features Tesla has a perfectly good track-record of gettting out the door.

Last edited:
I would say its being realistic on what we know of Tesla and what they can deliver; when they can deliver and who they can deliver to.

I know some consider me critical, but I actually think the likelihood of Tesla releasing V10 within Q3 is fairly high. This is because it makes some quarterly math logic to do so, especially if they think they can deliver Enhanced Summon. (And beyond that, many of the V10 features seem mature and ”simple” enough to be released anyway.)

Whatever they can’t release now, they can just delay later and still release something as V10.

That said, I agree knowing Tesla’s history is important. Enhanced Summon is, depending on the math, one to three years late soon, so believing it may come out now seems more plausible than before. And it is Tesla’s history that says a Q3 release makes sense... doubting August was reasonable, because it was not end of quarter... end of September for a revenue-recognizing update makes much more sense.

Not saying it can’t be delayed — I didn’t vote — just explaining why I think it quite possibly will not be.

Last edited:
Reactions: jebinc
This poll did not represent Tesla reality at all unfortunately, the end of current quarter option was missing so I did not vote. Would have won the prize! ;)

The poll maker must have been a Tesla novice.

(Seriously though I doubt I would have voted. The chances of a delay were not non-existent either.)
Well, it still isn’t out... 1 release doesn’t count!

Reactions: motocoder