Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

POLL: What will be the average sales price of the Model 3?

What will the Average Sale Price be?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've always run my numbers on Model 3 with the expectation of a $50k price tag for a well appointed car. Tesla is aiming for the BMW 3 series so it's a pretty safe bet to expect prices very close to what those sell for.
In any case, I fear that Tesla will do the limited sig series and offer them to existing owners first and Model 3 won't be in any kind of volume production runs for at least a year for those wanting to buy a "normal" version. For me it might mean buying a used S85 as used cars should end up being in that price range in a couple of years.

+1 My own personal purchase expectations exactly. However, I'd rather not vote in the poll until we get some clarification as to over what time period. Others have already alluded to the fact that the early numbers will be skewed toward the high end, which I also believe. Now I recognize that this is all just for fun, but would appreciate it if we defined the time interval over which we are calculating ASP, just to bring additional focus to the speculation.

My take would be that this is a much different question than "what is the base model 3 price". I imagine they'll hit the 35k they're looking for. But throw in a handful of options (just like the model S) and you've tacked on 10-15k.