Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Poll on Auto Close Homelink

Does auto-close work for you?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mine's been working flawlessly since day one, and I recently found out that my wife has issue where sometimes it doesn't closes the door when leaving. After checking the sequence we found out that it always works #1 if you open the door first (either wall switch, or in-car homelink BEFORE switching from Park to Drive). Since I always did that way it was working for me, my wife most of the time switched to drive before opening the door... Hope it helps some of you having issues.

Mine's been working flawlessly since day one, and I recently found out that my wife has issue where sometimes it doesn't closes the door when leaving. After checking the sequence we found out that it always works #1 if you open the door first (either wall switch, or in-car homelink BEFORE switching from Park to Drive). Since I always did that way it was working for me, my wife most of the time switched to drive before opening the door... Hope it helps some of you having issues.

Right. This is a solid bug. Along with the "skip" button not actually being a button, if you touch anywhere on homelink it skips, which is bug #2. But why go down the long list, there are so many bugs here it's not going to help for customers to scream them back at Tesla, they just need to "do it right".

It is like developing a routine of:
1. Get into the car, put-on the seat belt, turn on your music if you care
2. Open garage door by homelink
3. Drive/reverse from the garage
4. Garage auto-close, you are on your way.

or

1. Open garage by wall switch
2. Get into the car, put-on the seat belt, turn on your music if you care

Not too complicated

I've been trying to work it out and it is quirky to use. If there are popups open on the display (calendar, charging screen, etc.) you have to close those prior to putting your foot on the brake and the car into reverse. It also seems that it takes being in the car for 20 seconds give or take before it wakes up that part of the system. It doesn't seem to matter if you open the garage door with the homelink button inside the car or with a different opener. Even with that, it's still pretty quirky on when it wants to work or not.

- - - Updated - - -

or

Not too complicated

If I don't close the pop-ups first, it doesn't seem to work.

or

Not too complicated

Mine is more like:

2. Walk out to car
3. Close garage using Homelink button
4. Drive away

1. Let auto open open the garage
2. Park car
3. Close garage by wall switch

It works well as long as you don't drive too fast, if you do, then the garage opens about 20 cm and stops.