Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Auto Dimming door mirror

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Excaliber

Supporting Member
Jul 18, 2023
Buffalo
I have a 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid I got in August.
It does not have Auto Dimming door mirrors.
Does anyone know if Auto Dimming mirrors were available for the 2021?

Here's one for the driver side.

Would this mirror fit and would the car have the wiring to make this work?
If so I could have the Tesla Service place install it for me.

Ok I said it was a 2021 Model S Plaid but I have found the auto dim in the controls so I turned it on and will see how it works.
Thanks for your help
I'm glad you found the control to enable the AutoDim feature of your mirrors. Are your mirrors working properly now?
I have been having problems with all three of my mirrors in that they do not dim at all or if they do dim it is imperceptible to me. I just got the car, 2021 Model S Plaid, back from the service center and they said everything is working but I see no dimming taking place. I can switch from disabled to enabled while watching the lights in the mirror and see no change. Is anyone else having an issue with their mirrors?

I'm glad you found the control to enable the AutoDim feature of your mirrors. Are your mirrors working properly now?
I have been having problems with all three of my mirrors in that they do not dim at all or if they do dim it is imperceptible to me. I just got the car, 2021 Model S Plaid, back from the service center and they said everything is working but I see no dimming taking place. I can switch from disabled to enabled while watching the lights in the mirror and see no change. Is anyone else having an issue with their mirrors?
It works and is better at night but not great.
The way to tell if it's working is to look for the 3/8" perimeter that is not dimmed and not as dark
at night.
My center rear view mirror it's the back window glass that's tinted and not the mirror.