Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plastic Lug Nut Covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
So after replacing the wheels on my new Model Y Performance with 18" TSportLine wheels, I used some plastic lug nut covers over the exposed lugs that I had from when I owned my 2018 Model 3. After a drive over the weekend I discovered that 7 of the covers were gone. I know they aren't the most secure items but I've used them many times on my Model 3 often on 4 hour drives and they never fell off. I don't think the Model Y lug nuts are smaller than the Model 3. Just seems kind of odd that they fell of while driving the Model Y but never did with the Model 3. Was hoping to save some money using them since I had them but guess now I'm going to actually have to buy a new set of black lug nuts. So I guess I'm posting this to find out is others that used those plastic lug covers lost any as well. When I first bought them for my Model 3 I didn't think they would stay on but they did. I probably should have used some double sided tape in them when put them on my Model Y.