Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Whatever is causing the irregularities. Within spec of course. 😵‍💫

050880B4-F81D-49DE-8E5C-17D8107936CD.jpeg

So, I picked up my car at service again today and test drove it with the lead tech to show him the vibration and creaking suspension sounds. Surprisingly, the vibrations were better. They had just torqued all the subframe / battery bash plate bolts to try and get rid of the creaking. I wonder if that made the vibration better? And if it will loosen up over the next week again? Maybe replacing the half shafts actually temporarily fixes the issue because the bolts get removed and torqued?? Making up stuff here...

Reactions: mswlogo
So, I picked up my car at service again today and test drove it with the lead tech to show him the vibration and creaking suspension sounds. Surprisingly, the vibrations were better. They had just torqued all the subframe / battery bash plate bolts to try and get rid of the creaking. I wonder if that made the vibration better? And if it will loosen up over the next week again? Maybe replacing the half shafts actually temporarily fixes the issue because the bolts get removed and torqued?? Making up stuff here...
Clearly! 😉

Ok, I'm really convinced the vibration is better, at least for now. I've driven a bunch of the same roads and it is much less. I don't know what they did.
When mine was in last fall, Telsa retorqued the entire suspension and frame, per Engineering suggestion. No change and documented by Tesla as well. So, I suspect warmer weather or the placebo effect may be in play here.

Reactions: WilliamG
They have been "diagnosing" mine and will have it in this week for road force balancing, half shaft replacement, and firmware update. Fix it? Maybe or maybe not. Yes, it could be a placebo effect but they could add Valium to the hvac system as long as I do not feel it or care...

Will report back in a week or so.
Good luck! Let us know what they find.

A simple firmware update on the motor controllers would solve this...

Vibration suuuuucks. I feel it between ~36mph and well…. any speed. It tends to get masked by road noise/vibration the faster you go, but this really sucks. Of course if you turn Track Mode on and full rear bias it goes away completely.

So lame. You can even hear it if you know what you’re looking for (resonance).

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc