Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Drag Racing - Not such a great night

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Track mode or drag strip mode? Track mode is not for drag strips.

The issue is
Drag strip mode is optimized for 1/4 mile ET but they raced to the 1/2 mile, hence the top speed limit is 162 MPH.
If you are running a half mile, you need to be on track mode which is the only mode that has a 174 MPH limit without the track package.
They should have tested in the 2 scenarios
The Sapphire is simpler in that regard ,1 limit no need to do the cheetah dance.
Track package on the other hand, lift the limit on any mode.
You can use drag strip mode to the 1/2.
Mine did 184.88 MPH in 14.72 seconds launching from drag strip mode to the 1/2 mile, which is very close to that Sapphire.
I don’t see that $160k advantage
I would like to see how this Sapphire compares to the track package 7:25 second’s Nurburgring lap time.

Attachments

• IMG_5726.png
    IMG_5726.png
    1,020.9 KB · Views: 21
I wasn't even referring to his not using track mode for the 1/2 mile test which is another good point. I was referring to the fact that he was criticizing the handling in the road course part of the test when he wasn't using track mode which means that torque vectoring wasn't enabled either which makes a huge difference.

Reactions: WeaponX
I wasn't even referring to his not using track mode for the 1/2 mile test which is another good point. I was referring to the fact that he was criticizing the handling in the road course part of the test when he wasn't using track mode which means that torque vectoring wasn't enabled either which makes a huge difference.
I would still fault Tesla for not letting you enable any of the more dynamic handling stuff without going into track mode which brings some disadvantages for street use

No matter how anyone tries to justify it the plaid for the price is ridiculous.
100%. For straight line performance there’s no better value. The lucid does seem like a more comprehensive package as far as performance cars go… but I’d still want a smaller lighter car if I’m truly planning to carve corners and track the car regardless