Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos - Ocean Blue 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took a bunch of real-life photos of an Ocean Blue 70D next to my (sadly dirty and dingy) Opulent Blue Cadillac. Even dirty, the Cadillac's shade is a more saturated blue. But the Ocean looks great!
IMG_1092.JPG
IMG_1095.JPG
IMG_1096.JPG
IMG_1097.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1103.JPG
IMG_1104.JPG
IMG_1107.JPG
IMG_1109.JPG
IMG_1110.JPG
IMG_1111.JPG
IMG_1112.JPG

I took a bunch of real-life photos of an Ocean Blue 70D next to my (sadly dirty and dingy) Opulent Blue Cadillac. Even dirty, the Cadillac's shade is a more saturated blue. But the Ocean looks great!View attachment 77371
I love how Californians always say their cars are sooooo dirty - try living in our (Canadian) world! My car goes from detailed to looking like I went off-roading in the mountains in a matter of days. It's a futile battle! Your car looks super clean in these photos. It's all relative I guess.

Ugh. So torn. Was really hoping for something a little more like BMW's Montego Blue which looks a lot like what is on the homepage at tesla.com. But these pics look significantly darker than that. Kinda wish I had pulled the trigger on my Gray, Gray, Gray configuration before the wife saw this new blue.

Ugh. So torn. Was really hoping for something a little more like BMW's Montego Blue which looks a lot like what is on the homepage at tesla.com. But these pics look significantly darker than that. Kinda wish I had pulled the trigger on my Gray, Gray, Gray configuration before the wife saw this new blue.

Don't you love these first world problems that cause us so much angst? :)

Obviously, paint choice is a very personal preference. The reason you don't care for the metallic blue (is it black or is it blue), is exactly the reason i love the color. It seems to have more of a "personality" that changes depending on weather conditions and lighting.
The Ocean blue to me(only pictures so far) appears to be always blue, no color shifting. So i prefer the metallic blue.
Anyway, to those who wanted a lighter Blue, now is your chance to get the car of your dreams, that is better than you currently imagine it will be, and will get better over time.
Ditto!
Actually in som lighting my car doesn't look a whole lot different than these photos of ocean blue.

So the real-world pictures tell the real story: it's just another pointless dull shade of navy. :) Seriously though, they should gauge people's interest in other more vibrant colors. Could be that nobody would even choose from the boring ones were there actually other choice (apart from the red). But then it's already a sea of boring car colors out there anyway in general, maybe that's what people really want and why they just went with the flow on their current palette.

I'm happy with the look of Ocean Blue, and that it stays blue even in the dark or cloudy weather. It reminds me a lot of the color I previously had on a Ford Edge.

I do agree Tesla should be more adventurous with colors since all the cars are custom ordered. The only reason most car companies have bland palettes is because that's what dealers find easiest to sell. You'll rarely find bright colors on a lot even if the manufacturers show them online. There is no reason for Tesla to follow this trend, and I hope the new paint shop will allow them to branch out even more over time.