Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photo requests?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi MikeK, Thanks for offering to do this for everyone. I'd personally love to see a photo of what the back looks like with the rear seats folded down. Are they flush with the deck kind of thing.

Here you go!
IMG_0284.jpg

You may not have a recorder. But if the blue car shows up I would like a walk around of the blue car on film. I don't think there is any video of the blue car in these forums. Alternatively if you can't, more pictures of the blue car would be awesome. And thanks for doing this!

I posted a couple of videos over here: Will The Real Pacific Blue Please Stand Up

+1 for the Blue car and +1 for view through pano roof.
It would be great to compare, side by side, as many photos as possible of different combinations of dash finishes such as banana leaf, carbon fibre etc.... Thanks! :smile:

Black/Piano Black:
IMG_0279.JPG

Tan/Piano Black:
IMG_0298.JPG

Tan Performance/Gloss Obeche
IMG_0300.JPG

Signature White Performance/Carbon Fiber
IMG_0317.JPG

IMG_0316.JPG

IMG_0331.jpg

Black Performance/Carbon Fiber
IMG_0318.JPG

Tan/Matte Obeche
IMG_0321.JPG

Tan/Lacewood
IMG_0322.JPG

@spleen: Most welcome!

@ddruz: I would be totally happy with the bar as I saw it today, but my impression was it was still being refined. One of the Tesla folks put his hand up into the slot and said that it did have the spaces for the rollers inside, so he thought the size was approximately correct, and was just unsure whether it would remain the matte black that's in my photos (which looks fine), or if it would be matched to the headliner. If I had to guess, I think the black would look better because it wouldn't stand out and you'd just have the impression of one big piece of glass with a bar across. The headliner would make it look like two separate glass panels (which of course it is...)

Oh, I forgot. Regarding the cargo area, from the rear console (vents) to the inside of the rear cargo area lip, it was 74 inches. At the narrowest point between the wheels, all the way at the floor, it was about three feet exactly. At the highest/widest point between the wheels, it was 41-42 inches wide.

Thanks a million MikeK. Great vids, pictures, and write-ups are awesome. You made my morning. There wasn't anything you missed I don't think. You covered everything from audio testing, great new info (e.g., homelink, pano shades), to fit/finish, and decor combos. A++++.

Now take a well deserved rest today.

PS. You also showed us, as other forum members continue to show, that Tesla is always updating, improving, and getting the car better and better.. Maybe the Model S will be like a work of art that is never really finished. All art is like that though, right? Someone once said that an artist never finishes their art piece. They choose to walk away from it. GO Tesla!!!!