Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Performance Plus (+) Upgrade

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm....

I'm not so sure this "Additional vehicle information" screen is a relliable indicator since our March 2015 built P85D came with the Plus suspension according to the label on the front shock and table below:

fullsizeoutput_157c.jpeg

P85D+ front air spring module - DM SS 1030608-01-A (P85+ sport suspension).jpeg

fullsizeoutput_157d.png

Tesla P85D+.jpeg

Last edited:
So if your + car isn't showing the "Plus" on that screen, I suspect it's going off the option codes embedded in the car. You can see earlier in this thread that not all P85D+ cars had the PX01 option code, even though they all have the hardware pre-May 2015.

But all P85+ cars should have that option code embedded.

So if your + car isn't showing the "Plus" on that screen, I suspect it's going off the option codes embedded in the car. You can see earlier in this thread that not all P85D+ cars had the PX01 option code, even though they all have the hardware pre-May 2015.

But all P85+ cars should have that option code embedded.

Can the Tesla Service Center "correct" my P85D+ suspension designation to "Plus" to reflect the PX01 Option Code like they "corrected" my P85D+ to Ludicrous... and "corrected" my Turbines to Arachnids after they completed these upgrades?

Arachnid wheels (originally displayed Turbines):
fullsizeoutput_157f.jpeg

Ludicrous (originally Insane which had no underline):
fullsizeoutput_1580.jpeg

Model S 90D born in April 2016. On information screen suspension type shows “Plus”. How, why???
Looking for multiple ways to verify what suspension does this car have. Is it a hybrid build out of whatever was in stock?

Attachments

• 9FDE1D05-42A0-4AFC-84D9-D632C0A12006.jpeg
    9FDE1D05-42A0-4AFC-84D9-D632C0A12006.jpeg
    617.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 5C428490-D289-4BB2-845E-B3D2BD4D8D95.jpeg
    5C428490-D289-4BB2-845E-B3D2BD4D8D95.jpeg
    516.4 KB · Views: 71
Pretty dirty to make out clearly, but it doesn’t look like it shows FDSS. Looks like FDM to me. Can you wipe off the dirt and see if the PN is 1030608? I kinda see the 608, but can’t make out first four numbers. Also, I don’t recall anyone confirming a non-Pcar having the plus suspension.

It's not the Perf+ suspension, sorry.

First, the P+ suspension is more than the FDSS airshocks. So I don't think that "Air Suspension: Plus" means Performance+ suspension.

Second, as @Doanster1 said, the part number is FDM (see below)
. Is it a hybrid build out of whatever was in stock?

April, 2016 was a year after the Perf+ era ended. There's no way they had a one-off set of P+ parts laying around to randomly throw into a car.

upload_2020-9-9_7-19-56.png

What’s the meaning of “Plus” suspension type on this 90D than? Everybody else has “Standard”, which brings me back to + era.

must just be a coding mistake. As broker don shows above his is definitely plus but shows as standard. I am pretty sure it certainly wouldn’t be high on the priority list to remedy whatever vin coding Tesla is using to show this and correct the issue.

Last edited: