Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Perceptions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possibly, possibly not. But my list was karefully kurated to inklude only those kars whose name begins with the letter “C” but have a “K” sound for the most alliteration points…Chevette is therefore inapplicable and should likely be spelled Shevette anyway. And yes, Chiron is pronounced KY-ron, or for us 99%ers we just say: “out of reach.”
Okay then, how about Corvair? :)

Possibly, possibly not. But my list was karefully kurated to inklude only those kars whose name begins with the letter “C” but have a “K” sound for the most alliteration points…Chevette is therefore inapplicable and should likely be spelled Shevette anyway. And yes, Chiron is pronounced KY-ron, or for us 99%ers we just say: “out of reach.”
Chevette = pronounced Shove-It. Because you can push it faster than it accelerates on its own.

Also pertains to the Fatboy Slim song that is actually not titled "Push the Tempo."

• Funny
Reactions: SalisburySam
Okay then, how about Corvair? :)
Got me there, and thanks for the reminder. Just before Ralph Nader, my mom owned a Corvair and for what it was worked well for her for several years. No road trips, just around town errand-mobile. For the time given the small air-cooled engine it was amazingly efficient, had little required maintenance, wasn’t too uncomfortable for purpose, held family groceries in the back seat ok. Only real issue, and why she eventually got rid of it, was how really underpowered it was with the A/C compressor running, which was all the time in south Florida.

But yeah, I omitted that hard-C car brand Corvair, and in further review several others like the Lincoln Corsair, the Rolls-Royce Camargue, the Lincoln and Bentley Continentals, the GMC Canyon and Chevy Colorado, Camaro, Coupe de Ville, even the entire marque Cadillac, Toyota Crown (great car, owned two overseas), Corolla, Camry, the Kia Cardinal (double alliteration points there!), Hyundai Kona, the Ferrari Competizione dream-mobile, the list goes on. I feel so bad for these omissions, but will hopefully recover with my 2nd cuppa this morning. There, that’s better.

I'm always accused of being some soy boy lefty. Actually, I'm to the right of Ayn Rand.

I did not buy my Tesla because I fancy myself some kind of Eco Warrior. I bought it because it is awesome. In ways I'm sure most of you here are familiar. The contention that EVs are environmentally friendly is up for debate. Personally, I believe in the long run they are. But my take is if that is true, just a bonus in my book.