Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Party at Picnic Creek - 2016 - Sunday, July 31st

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm moving closer to your area of the world in the week following the party - White Salmon, WA to be exact. I'm sure we'll cross paths more often, since I'll be up in Seattle on a regular basis.

I would guess you'll be getting your X delivered through the Portland SC? That's the closest to White Salmon.

You won't be the first Tesla in White Salmon though. I know of someone there who has one. There are several in Hood River too.

I don't know if you have signed up to the PDX Tesla mailing list, but the sign up is here:
PDX Tesla

In future years will you be doing your big bash around White Salmon? I watched this thread over a month ago because I thought there might be an outside chance we could make it, but it's only a couple of weeks after our annual big bash at our house (not Tesla related) and it looks like I'm going to be catching up on work. There has been a big project on hold since the beginning of the year and it finally looks like it's getting the green light.

If you have something up the Gorge in the future, we could easily make a day trip. We're only 1 hr from White Salmon.

Oh and my SO just reminded me of the two great roads for driving Teslas around here: WA SR 14 from White Salmon to Washougal is a great run for any car that's good on curves. There is also the Klickitat grade which is only a mile or two of extremely curvy road.

I would guess you'll be getting your X delivered through the Portland SC? That's the closest to White Salmon.

You won't be the first Tesla in White Salmon though. I know of someone there who has one. There are several in Hood River too.

I don't know if you have signed up to the PDX Tesla mailing list, but the sign up is here:
PDX Tesla

In future years will you be doing your big bash around White Salmon? I watched this thread over a month ago because I thought there might be an outside chance we could make it, but it's only a couple of weeks after our annual big bash at our house (not Tesla related) and it looks like I'm going to be catching up on work. There has been a big project on hold since the beginning of the year and it finally looks like it's getting the green light.

If you have something up the Gorge in the future, we could easily make a day trip. We're only 1 hr from White Salmon.

Oh and my SO just reminded me of the two great roads for driving Teslas around here: WA SR 14 from White Salmon to Washougal is a great run for any car that's good on curves. There is also the Klickitat grade which is only a mile or two of extremely curvy road.

I hope I'm not the first Tesla in the neighborhood! I'm looking forward to some Roadster top down drives along 14 in the summer.

No idea if I will continue The Party up there, hopefully this one will continue in the future with the NorCal Reno club. I might, but on a smaller scale (this place is just so well set up for parties).

Just a reminder: My house is being packed the very next day after this NorCalReno event.

PLEASE NO HOSTESS GIFTS! Anything you bring will be promptly donated as a prize for one of the contests that the NorCalReno club is planning. No wine. No flowers. No no no. Just bring yourself, tak

Posting a few pics from before:

PIP5.jpg
PIP9.jpg
2 collage.jpg
PIP12.jpg
Pool LED noodles.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2698.jpg
    IMG_2698.jpg
    410.8 KB · Views: 38
Reactions: Lanny
Question: If we're flying out of RNO Sunday night at 11:50pm, what time would we have to leave the party? How far are you from the airport?

I'm approx 110 miles from Reno. If you got a ride with someone from Reno to here, I'd suggest getting an outbound flight out of Sacramento (SMF). That's only 30 miles away and Uber can get you there fairly quickly.