Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

parts catalog for updated headlights and tail lights?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have access to the service manuals and parts catalog, but it doesn't appear to have the part numbers for the matrix headlights and updated taillights/brake lights when selecting the "Feb 2021+" parts catalog. It appears to only have the older style parts. Does anyone know where I can find the part #s for these? I'm more specifically looking for the tail light assembly and the center stop light assembly.

I've found the public parts catalog can be 6 months to a year behind what is used in production. Tesla service has access to the current parts catalog, so you might try and talk to the parts manager at a service center (sort of a pain). I don't think the center stoplight assembly has changed (but perhaps it has?). I've not noticed any visual difference but haven't looked closely. It's a huge pain to swap out as you need to pull the hatch glass, and maybe 20% of the time the glass is damaged in the process.

Visually the newer ones are more of a uniform light dispersion vs the dotted LEDs. Maybe it's an illusion, but it definitely looks different.
There’s a whole thread on the retrofit of these lights on the rear. They aren’t plug and play and you need to do some metal rework to attach the new lights on.

Not impossible as a guy managed to retrofit it, but seems like a huge pain in the butt.

Reactions: DerbyDave