Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pacific NW - Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
According to the store I visited yesterday one is going in near Couer d'Alene. Not too familiar with that area. It would be a good location for an SC and as a destination charging spot.

The dot on the SC map looks to be right in that area. Seems strategically placed for road trips. I was surprised Spokane wasn't getting one but I guess this makes more sense for now.

The dot on the SC map looks to be right in that area. Seems strategically placed for road trips. I was surprised Spokane wasn't getting one but I guess this makes more sense for now.

The Tesla map shows two near the WA / ID border. The northern one is on I-90 and should be near Coeur d'Alene. The southern one was what I was referring to in my previous post. That one is probably Lewiston, ID, where I happen to be sitting as I write this (my father-in-law lives across the Snake River in Clarkston, WA).

According to the store I visited yesterday one is going in near Couer d'Alene. Not too familiar with that area. It would be a good location for an SC and as a destination charging spot.

Hurrah! Keep us posted on this one. I am anxiously waiting for that one and a possible one in Hermiston, OR, so I can make a trip to Missoula from Portland in a single day. I know, there's 14-50s along the way, but... :)

Hurrah! Keep us posted on this one. I am anxiously waiting for that one and a possible one in Hermiston, OR, so I can make a trip to Missoula from Portland in a single day. I know, there's 14-50s along the way, but... :)

Yeah, the north east OR one should be in Hermiston - close to the junction of I82 and I84. It looks like they another one planned for I84 around Baker City, OR but then nothing until maybe Twin Falls. There really need to be an SC in between those two.

Yeah, the north east OR one should be in Hermiston - close to the junction of I82 and I84. It looks like they another one planned for I84 around Baker City, OR but then nothing until maybe Twin Falls. There really need to be an SC in between those two.

Hermiston would be great. Then I could probably do Cheney to Springfield in one day. Maybe even to Grants Pass, if we left early enough in the a.m.

Yeah, there is a 2014 dot in approximately Couer d'Alene. But there are also dots in Moses Lake, Hermiston, Baker City, Mountain Home, Burley, Missoula and downtown Seattle. None of them are guaranteed and location is only approximate. It has been common for Tesla employees to wing-it or pass along unverified information so you have to take what they say with a grain of salt. If you read it in a press release then it is slightly more credible. Tesla could really use a lot of improvement in their communications - internal and external.

Perhaps the most germane example. In the fall of 2013, the future SC map on their web site had a number of "future location" dots that simply didn't come true. In fact they were actually building SCs in different locations while the map showed the old locations. The two southern Oregon I5 SCs, for example. Then one day, fixing the web site SC map rose to the top of someone's pile and it all changed.

Last edited:

That's good, although I probably don't need it. But it would be easy to Missoula from there. Now all we need is enough across Montana and down into Wyoming to make it to Denver from the Northwest.

And drive to Yellowstone.

I actually contacted the folks at Yellowstone a couple of months ago. They were unaware of any potential interest in charging stations *in* the park. But after a few days, I got an excited email from their representative who said that all the young folks in the park admin office thought it was a cool idea to put some chargers there. I made some suggestions as to charger type and locations. We'll see what comes of it. There are RV parks just outside of the west entrance to the park in West Yellowstone, so we're almost there.

-----UPDATE------
6/10/14 -- From a Park representative:

We received this information from Lynn Chan with the Yellowstone Green Team regarding your inquiry several months ago:

We have put in for a DOE grant with Clean Cities to get started on installing some for staff use and eventually visitor use that are the middle range 240 volt system - easy to install but a slower charge... Clean Cities is actively working in the GYA to promote a network of EV charging stations and have several public meetings scheduled.

That's as much information as we currently have.

Last edited:
I actually contacted the folks at Yellowstone a couple of months ago. They were unaware of any potential interest in charging stations *in* the park.

Anyone try this for Rainier? I've obsessed over whether the 85 kWh battery can make it from home to Paradise and back; it will be a tight fit. With a public J1772 charger in Paradise, anyone in the Seattle area would be able to go. I'd gladly pay usage fees for the charger.