Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

P100D, 760HP and Performance Tests

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A couple of interesting observations from the video:
1) The center console comes with rear cup holder and rear USB ports, hope it is not a P100D special
2) At the end of video, the guy sat in a car with pano roof, and talked about "this car", while it was clearly stated earlier in the video that "this car" does not have pano roof.

Might be time to send those scales in for service. On his car the left front was 160 lbs heavier than the right front. On this car there is a 475 lb difference. Or if the ground is that far out of level, the weights probably aren't accurate.
The front to rear weight distribution is backwards, too.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Cloxxki and GSP
my observations

looks like the car lost 9 miles of range after the launch

crazy how the car traps 6mph higher than your old P90 DL

curious as to if there is a difference between the P85D, P90DL drive unit and the P100D drive unit. I want to know how much more power these motors can handle before they are at the breaking point.

Reactions: hiroshiy
I added a graph of the P100DL vs P90DL v3 (the TRC car)

Tesla-P100DL-vs-P90DLv3-power-output-graph.jpg

It beat the EPA rated range by 2 miles.

Tesla batteries are "overcharged" when new so they all show more range than specified.

Does this put the AP 2.0 rumors to bed? I can't imagine Tesla delivering a $140K car that would be "obsolete" in a couple of months??

They have been doing that every few months since introduction of Dual Motors....can anyone say P85D w/ INSANE mode? Pre-AP cars had YEARS of being relevant, but now you only get a couple of months to be king of the mountain, innovation is the only thing that matters to TM.

my observations

looks like the car lost 9 miles of range after the launch

Yep energy consumption is through the roof but rightfully so if they want to hit those numbers.

I'm hearing no AP 2.0 hardware this year. Some things have...changed.

I've heard similar, and if true its in their best interest to NOT release AP 2.0 this year less jeopardize their guidance with people "waiting for AP 2.0". IMO they should release AP2.0 during or after Model 3 part 2 reveal.