Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owners whom choose to go without any warranty, please chime in...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2014 pre-AP P85+, out of warranty for battery and DU. I'm just taking the risk. The drive unit was replaced near the end of the warranty period and the battery is still fine (for now). If the battery dies I'll have a big choice to make...

I have a 2014 pre-AP P85+, out of warranty for battery and DU. I'm just taking the risk. The drive unit was replaced near the end of the warranty period and the battery is still fine (for now). If the battery dies I'll have a big choice to make...
Use 057 Tech to help you out with battery concerns. They'll take care of you. Plus, you will continue to receive unlimited free charging with a battery replacement.

• Love
Reactions: geordi
I don't have extended warranty experience with Tesla, but we had our Jetta CPO'ed when we bought it. I found out that the selling dealer never filed the paperwork when I took it in for a couple of minor things. Lots of back and forth to make it right. The CPO recently expired, and those minor issues never got fixed, as the service departments couldn't ever figure them out. Based on that experience, I'll just pay more attention to the details of the next used car we buy, and if it comes with a CPO warranty, then so be it. I try to avoid models with high failure rates anyway.

I'm year 11 into a 2012 Model S so out of warranty the last 3 years. You're usually better off taking the money you would have paid an extended warranty company and setting it aside in a special account only to use for car repairs (or other emergencies).

Reactions: dbldwn02 and SQ97