Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Out of warranty concerns about Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Go try to buy a one day access to the online manuals - download or print what you need.
Tell us how it goes (I guess it needs to be from any state but MA.).
Still don't know why until the 8 year warranty is up. Except for non-drive drive train and I don't know why you can't handle all that using Tesla Parts listed here, E-Bay, Salvage yards, you know look for used parts.
You can even find guys that have bought 2 or 3 Model S and built their own. Go look YouTube channel and I think the guys is from ...
Rich Rebuilds

Things change fast, mis-information is rampant, you need to look for yourself.
your speculations?? I guess it helps the Trolls or the Shorts or ... I don't know, I don't get it.

There are many sources - stop whining and go look. Pass on helpful hints/finds. thanks

Try... Tesla VW Van ...for a search

For those that have trouble reading web pages
Subscription Price Breakdown CHANGE REGION
General Access accounts vary by region and provide a variety of subscriptions: Personal Access for individuals, Business Access for companies, Industry Access for Insurance, and Body Shop Access for official Tesla Approved Body Shops with a Tesla Certification ID.
Quotes do not include applicable local sales tax, which may be added during the registration process

Go read for yourself: Welcome | Tesla Service

EVWest using Tesla tech

Last edited:
I'm not talking about "The pirate bay". You can literally access them for free from service.teslamotors.com

How is this free... :cool: Welcome | Tesla Service

upload_2018-8-22_21-56-14.png

• Informative
Reactions: Brando
@rdrcrmatt

Tesla Model S and X still have 8 year unlimited mile drivetrain warranty.
What are you worried about ?? Brakes? (coolant, seriously you can't be serious)
Surely you've used junk yards before for those bits and pieces.
If you are truthful of your experience I can't imagine you fear any of these things.

and if in a real bind - you need the manuals - here they are.
Welcome | Tesla Service

I can't imagine you haven't visited a junkyard for bits and pieces in the past.
Perhaps people use e-Bay vs junkyards now days??

Though the 8-year, unlimited powertrain warranty is good thing there remain many components and systems that can/will fail post 50K miles - sun roof, self presenting door handles, PS stepper motor, HVAC, screens, etc.

Service manuals can be found on eBay.

• Helpful
Reactions: cwerdna and Brando
1976-1990 Saab 99 auto trans (bought 2 years old)
1989-today Saab SPG turbo 900 5-speed trans (bought 1 year old)
I never used warranty service.
I have no formal mechanic training, no racing, just a few tools and reading and manuals.

parts used that I can remember
ignition coil, brake pads, fuel pump, filters, fluids, wipers, spark plugs, belts, lights, tire rotation (yes I do myself) liftgate shocks, tail light lens, head light. (don't use A/C any more).

1989 Saab does have Bosch fuel injection & EMU [Engine Management Unit]
And you won't have nearly as much to do with an Electric Vehicle.
Certainly do not have any special talent.

IF I bought a Tesla, I'm sure I'd never bother to buy another car again, why bother?

1976-1990 Saab 99 auto trans (bought 2 years old)
1989-today Saab SPG turbo 900 5-speed trans (bought 1 year old)
I never used warranty service.
I have no formal mechanic training, no racing, just a few tools and reading and manuals.

parts used that I can remember
ignition coil, brake pads, fuel pump, filters, fluids, wipers, spark plugs, belts, lights, tire rotation (yes I do myself) liftgate shocks, tail light lens, head light. (don't use A/C any more).

1989 Saab does have Bosch fuel injection & EMU [Engine Management Unit]
And you won't have nearly as much to do with an Electric Vehicle.
Certainly do not have any special talent.

IF I bought a Tesla, I'm sure I'd never bother to buy another car again, why bother?

Duh!
Of course you don't use dealer warranty service on used Saabs.
I don't used warranty service on my 1992 Miata either.
I do use it on my 2015 MS and 2016 MX because -
1. They're new cars
2. Their "locked down" software operating system

That said, these cars are elegantly simple with easy access to major components and I've done a few minor mods on my vehicles - Check out my new door map pocket!

Soon enough there will be local, independent shops that will hack the software and give owners more independence.
Currently there remote hacks but I'm wary as to their abilities should Tesla brick my ride if they don't approve of my mods.