Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ottawa Tesla Owners (was Factory Pickup)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There is no text message capability currently (and not sure one is advisable!). However the car can learn your habits and automatically precondition. I haven't tried that feature because my schedule is all over the place.

Yes an Ottawa-area Supercharger is planned, and a store / service center. Most likely you'll never find out what the schedule is until someone spots it being built...

I would think a local club would welcome all comers, whether you're an owner or just a Tesla enthusiast.

Thanks Doug. Can't wait to get my car... I am losing hope it will be Friday/Sat now :)

I just checked the updated supercharge map, and Ottawa shows one for 2016 now (I haven't seen that before). So there is some indication then :) Not that I would take it to the bank.

There is no text message capability currently (and not sure one is advisable!). However the car can learn your habits and automatically precondition. I haven't tried that feature because my schedule is all over the place.

Yes an Ottawa-area Supercharger is planned, and a store / service center. Most likely you'll never find out what the schedule is until someone spots it being built...

I would think a local club would welcome all comers, whether you're an owner or just a Tesla enthusiast.

Well, here I am, the proud owner of a bouncing baby P85D! The guys at the Tesla shop in Montreal were amazing. Jason walked me through the whole process including having new Ontario green plates on hand, as well as a filled-out application for my rebate. Car was clean, fully charged and ready to go. He even cleared up a small hitch in the tax calculation and saved me some bucks.
The drive home was...epic! I of course had to pull over a few times just to insane-launch it and it felt like my brain was being smushed into the back of my skull. I installed a NEMA 14-50 plug at my cottage and was able to get the batteries fully charged once again. Next on the list is to have my wall connector installed in my condo parking spot. That should get done on Tuesday with any luck.
Very please by the whole experience and very pleased with the car. Sadly, I have to leave soon and won't be able to enjoy it for the next month. Oh well.
Cheers everyone!

Well, here I am, the proud owner of a bouncing baby P85D! The guys at the Tesla shop in Montreal were amazing. Jason walked me through the whole process including having new Ontario green plates on hand, as well as a filled-out application for my rebate. Car was clean, fully charged and ready to go. He even cleared up a small hitch in the tax calculation and saved me some bucks.
The drive home was...epic! I of course had to pull over a few times just to insane-launch it and it felt like my brain was being smushed into the back of my skull. I installed a NEMA 14-50 plug at my cottage and was able to get the batteries fully charged once again. Next on the list is to have my wall connector installed in my condo parking spot. That should get done on Tuesday with any luck.
Very please by the whole experience and very pleased with the car. Sadly, I have to leave soon and won't be able to enjoy it for the next month. Oh well.
Cheers everyone!

Congratulations ! I am so jealous. My car should be there in Montreal if not today tomorrow. Don't know yet when I will get it. Its killing me !!!!

Sadly, I have to leave soon and won't be able to enjoy it for the next month. Oh well.
Cheers everyone!

Congrats. Feel free to lend it to one of us desperately delayed people :smile:

My car was with Albatross's until Chicago, then his magically got on a truck while mine stayed on the train. Mine seems to be hopelessly stuck for the last week in the Windy City. They tell me they are confident it will arrive here in Ottawa in the next 10 days, which puts my late May car into mid-june. Seems a bit ridiculous to me. More than once this week I've considered just telling them to stuff it and I'd go buy another Porsche off the lot - the week isn't over yet!

if Tesla has a weakness it's in the transit stage.

Last edited:
I just checked the updated supercharge map, and Ottawa shows one for 2016 now (I haven't seen that before). So there is some indication then :) Not that I would take it to the bank.

No one in eastern Canada ever lost money betting against the Supercharger rollout schedule... :tongue:

Well, here I am, the proud owner of a bouncing baby P85D!

Congratulations and welcome to the club!

As for everyone else still waiting... it will all be forgotten the first time you drive the car.

Thank you... I'me very happy to be a member of this distinguished club.
I took my 89 year old mother for a spin today. I didn't quite give her the full launch experience but she did get a good appreciation for the capabilities of an electric car. She was suitably amazed but she had to tell me how when she was a little girl, the neighbours would crank up their Model T and she would jump out of bed and get dressed and run over and hop into the back seat so that she could go for a ride into the village to fetch the mail with them. That level of technology must have seemed like magic to her and yet , here we are, within her lifespan, in a situation where this technology is like magic to me. How far we have come.

I visited Ottawa this past weekend. Stayed at Lord Elgin, they had one other Tesla there trying to get by on a regular wall plug at their Valet. I explained Hpwc's to them and that Tesla will donate it if you pay install, hopefully they bite. I charged 3 days at 150 elgin public garage, j1172, and 30 amp. $2.50 per charge. Also used hpwc at Aviation museum, it was useless at 12 amps, but it gets you out of paying for parking. Keep growimg it Ottawa.

All replies on this site indicated an interest in forming an Ottawa Tesla Club.I have made a proposal under another Thread to meet at the Greensmere Golf club during the week or on a weekend (Sunday PM) in July. Dates are flexible and can be set to whatever the majority prefer. I only had one response from Doug and Ken_S to my initial attempt despite many views of the site.

Interested parties could play golf followed by a simple meal at the club, which I could arrange if we have sufficient numbers.

Let's try again and see if interest turns into action where we do arrange to meet. Let me know if you are interested in

1. Meeting at Greensmere only for dinner with suggested date(s)
2. Playing golf and staying for dinner - again with suggested dates.
3. Meeting someplace else with suggestions.

Aussie Bob

With virtually no interest for golf at present, I am leaning towards dinner only with golf at a later date if interest is there.

Doug: I can arrange the dinner. When is best for you and others on site - a weekday or Weekend? Will then select a place and see what surfaces. Will need a place where we can easily park!