Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OTHER EV’S SUCK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are there any EVs out there that have as good of autopilot as Tesla? That's my main concern in switching. I use AP every day and FSDb on road trips, although it is painful sometimes. Still better than driving manually.

How can MobileEye AP1 still be better than every other EV manufacturer 10 years after it was released?

Drawing generalization from a sample size of 3?
Not smart.

Strike OTA updates - they are meaningless and mostly worthless.
Charging stations are a "meah" for me. I'm on my 3rd EV in ~12 years, and my frequency of utilizing EV chargers outside of home and work is probably below 2% of total. Insignificant, and doesn't effect my choice to drive either the EV vs. my ICE cars.

By your own definitions, there are dozens of EVs out in the market (which is awesome for us, the EV customer base!) meet your definition of an "EV".
Thus claiming that one of the brands has "no challenge" is fan-boy-ish behavior.
;)

Outside of the US, Tesla is getting its ass kicked by BYD.
Wish BYD cars were an option in the US.
may be you're hibernating-NACS has been adopted by almost all auto manufacturers. BYD is actually ICE killer!

Have you tried a Porsche or BMW or Polstar or Rivian or Ford or Lucid or Volvo or Kia? The vehicles you mentioned aren't intended to compete with Tesla's vehicles.

It's like when a Mac user says "PCs suck!" and the only "PC" they've ever used was a Wal-Mart special.
Porsche,BMW,Rivian,Lucie...out of our price range, er, or what we want to spend. Not a lot of faith in Ford, Volvo, no NACS till 0225, and No to KIA..( Just our little bias) Model 3 checks all the boxes (less Musk)

Musk took the company from the brink of bankruptcy and turned it around. Tesla would not be here if it weren’t for musk payrolling it.
If Musk didn't jump at an opportunity to invest into Tesla (no, he did not found it), someone else would have done that.

A few lucky decisions by an investor does not make him immune from doing boneheaded stuff down the road.

a

Reactions: RSpanner
I figure if a guy is making space ships, he might have some key decisions as far as Tesla goes . No one else came to the 2 guys at Tesla, musk bailed them out and hired and fired people who were not a good fit. Musk didn’t hand them a bag of money and say hope u figure it out.

Reactions: snorp