Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

OTHER EV’S SUCK

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've switched to EV since 2016-owned Leaf and now own 2017 Bolt & 2023 MY (MY was traded in with 2020 MY which was traded in for 2018 M3). I tell people EV means 3 factors: battery, OTA software update & charging station. Bolt was bought while back when my son was in college-it lost so much value-so keep it as commute car. When you say Tesla has no challenge-they'll call you fanboy.:cool:

Reactions: WyoDude
I have an EV6 and its a pretty nice car. The powertrains are actually pretty nice...maybe not as nice as the Teslas but certainly a great experience. Its also much much quieter than a Model Y or 3. Overall, I prefer my M3P but I can see certain people would prefer the more traditionally laid out EVs.

Reactions: pnwadventures
Have you tried a Porsche or BMW or Polstar or Rivian or Ford or Lucid or Volvo or Kia? The vehicles you mentioned aren't intended to compete with Tesla's vehicles.

It's like when a Mac user says "PCs suck!" and the only "PC" they've ever used was a Wal-Mart special.
From 1990 thru 2008 I bought a total of 5 PC laptops (Sony, Toshiba, IBM) They all sucked, none lasting more than 4 years and all needing repairs during that time. I switched to a MacBook Pro laptop in 2008. I replaced it in 20013 with what was then the latest MacBook Pro only because I wanted the solid state hard drive. I've had that MacBook Pro for almost 11 years now. Only servicing needed was to replace the battery once. So, yeah, PC's do suck and I have almost 24 years of experience to back that up. I hope to be able to say the same about Teslas but I've only owned my M3 for 3.5 years now. However (knock on wood!) I have had zero problems with it.

So I drove a 2021 Kona electric and a 2022 Prius and is it just me or do these cars suck. Complex, combersome, lack any cool factor, no way are these cars comparable to a Tesla…..not even close.

People associate these cars as an example of electric vehicles and they are reluctant to try Tesla. Seriously it’s like night and day comparison.
Drawing generalization from a sample size of 3?
Not smart.

I tell people EV means 3 factors: battery, OTA software update & charging station. [...] When you say Tesla has no challenge-they'll call you fanboy.:cool:
Strike OTA updates - they are meaningless and mostly worthless.
Charging stations are a "meah" for me. I'm on my 3rd EV in ~12 years, and my frequency of utilizing EV chargers outside of home and work is probably below 2% of total. Insignificant, and doesn't effect my choice to drive either the EV vs. my ICE cars.

By your own definitions, there are dozens of EVs out in the market (which is awesome for us, the EV customer base!) meet your definition of an "EV".
Thus claiming that one of the brands has "no challenge" is fan-boy-ish behavior.
;)

Outside of the US, Tesla is getting its ass kicked by BYD.
Wish BYD cars were an option in the US.

Have you tried a Porsche or BMW or Polstar or Rivian or Ford or Lucid or Volvo or Kia? The vehicles you mentioned aren't intended to compete with Tesla's vehicles.

It's like when a Mac user says "PCs suck!" and the only "PC" they've ever used was a Wal-Mart special.
Hillarious!

Many keep implying that we, so called Tesla fanbois, are retarded or born yesterday. I don't know how many times when I mentioned that my Tesla was fast that it's supposedly because I lack a frame of reference since I could never hope be let into of some esoteric group of people that was allowed to understand and drive "real" performance cars. Imagine how epic it would be if I ever was allowed into a non Tesla, especially imagine the body control and facial expression you'd need to look the part, I would feel ultra masculine! I can only hope... And if I said my Tesla was comfortable it's because I have no clue what a "real" luxury car is. "If you could ever drive a real car you'd know that your Tesla sucks"

Of course most have owned or own all the brands you mention.
Or were we born in a basement, stayed there in isolation our whole life and in 2008 came out of hibernation, bought a Tesla, started worshipping it and never drove anything else? That seems to be the idea. First I took it as an insult but now I've gotten over it and just think it's funny really.

Strike OTA updates - they are meaningless and mostly worthless.
Charging stations are a "meah" for me. I'm on my 3rd EV in ~12 years, and my frequency of utilizing EV chargers outside of home and work is probably below 2% of total. Insignificant, and doesn't effect my choice to drive either the EV vs. my ICE cars.

The over-the-air updates are both good (new features, bug fixes) and bad (new bugs).

The Superchargers and the integration into the navigation system are useful for road trips. The various CCS fast chargers seem to be a mixed bag. How much that matters depends on how much one road trips.

Tesla does a great job with most EV-specific aspects of EVs, although an obvious exception is the limited configurability to avoid expensive hours in time-of-use electricity billing. However, other non-EV-specific aspects can be personal preference (some people I know chose other EVs because they preferred the more traditional dedicated control for each function UI or were used to and liked the other brand's UI based on previous cars). Some aspects of the (pre-Highland) Model 3 are not great, such as the wind noise.

Hillarious!

Many keep implying that we, so called Tesla fanbois, are retarded or born yesterday. I don't know how many times when I mentioned that my Tesla was fast that it's supposedly because I lack a frame of reference since I could never hope be let into of some esoteric group of people that was allowed to understand and drive "real" performance cars. Imagine how epic it would be if I ever was allowed into a non Tesla, especially imagine the body control and facial expression you'd need to look the part, I would feel ultra masculine! I can only hope... And if I said my Tesla was comfortable it's because I have no clue what a "real" luxury car is. "If you could ever drive a real car you'd know that your Tesla sucks"

Of course most have owned or own all the brands you mention.
Or were we born in a basement, stayed there in isolation our whole life and in 2008 came out of hibernation, bought a Tesla, started worshipping it and never drove anything else? That seems to be the idea. First I took it as an insult but now I've gotten over it and just think it's funny really.
Really??? Doesn't sound like you've gotten over anything. Sheesh that's quite the rant for nothing.

people these days want something more, beyond the traditional look, good lines

old school Toy Corolla, Civic new school M2, R3
old school Camry, Accord new school M3
old school Toy Highlander new school MY, M3, EV6
old school Toy 4Runner new school R2
old school Land Range Rover new school R1S
old school F150 new school R1T, Cybertruck

people dont want a camry with a battery inside, they want a new look

think beyond Tesla, Rivian, the best of the mid market $25K to $60K has yet to arrive (skipping Landrover and F150 groups

My next car will probably be the Rivian R3. I will always own an EV but Tesla has been going the wrong way for me for a few years now. I have FSD and I would pay to be rid of it and go back to radar autopilot. I just want the simple things like being able to control the windshield wipers and lights.

Reactions: afadeev