Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering parts

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Also mention parts only, no labor/installation. I find they often ask that which just delays the quoting process.

Did this the other day for some frunk liner clips and lug nut covers. Was able to pick them up next day. If you are in dire need of something common, I think you can just stop by service center unannounced and ask if they have it in stock.

I just went through this

on the App choose Service
Request Service
Type of service = Other
next select Something Else
type in what you want, in my case I asked how to order part#, how much and how to get
The choose service center and date and time
They got back to me with the price and stock, then cancelled the appointment.

This is a long way of working.
They should have an option for ordering parts in the app. It would make it more understandable and effecient.

The parts catalog identifies parts that are restricted to VINs and which can be ordered openly.
Yes got that but when I went to the SC they asked for my info and my car shows up and after that they can't pull up the part numbers for other model year.
How do I get around that? Will they need to always ask for and match with my car vin? If they do then how did ordering via service appt work?

Resistance is futile - I have found that once I started doing it their way things went well. At my service center it has actually been better than dealing with the people at the dealerships for my ICE cars. Maybe because the Tesla employees don’t have to waste so much time with chit chat and listening to complaints about the quality of the pastries in the waiting room.

Resistance is futile - I have found that once I started doing it their way things went well. At my service center it has actually been better than dealing with the people at the dealerships for my ICE cars. Maybe because the Tesla employees don’t have to waste so much time with chit chat and listening to complaints about the quality of the pastries in the waiting room.
Is "their way" = using the app > other ?
BTW, I just got a question back in the app messaging asking for VIN number. I repeated my earlier statement telling them this is for refresh and those parts are OTC - no vin needed.
Let's see..

Sounds frustrating - I have bought parts from the service center because they are close to me but not tried the app. Buying parts from the app sounds like a good idea but no surprise that it’s currently dysfunctional just like everything else Tesla when first rolled out - hopefully it gets better with time.

Sounds frustrating - I have bought parts from the service center because they are close to me but not tried the app. Buying parts from the app sounds like a good idea but no surprise that it’s currently dysfunctional just like everything else Tesla when first rolled out - hopefully it gets better with time.
Did you ever buy parts not meant for your car?
If so, how did you do this? Share your trick please!