Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ordering Model Y in Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Good afternoon all, I finally ordered my Model Y LR, White Exterior/Black Interior, 19" wheel today after multiple test drives and months of debates with my wife. I am really excited since this is my first EV and look forward to road-trips/camping with my dogs in this vehicle!

Excitement aside, I have few questions for members here and thank you in advance for answering my questions! I also apologize if these questions have previously been answered in different threads.

1. How does Tesla trade-in process work? Does Tesla uphold trade-in value that they estimated today at the time of payment? Do I also drop off the vehicle when I pick my Model Y?

2. Has anyone recently financed Tesla with its arranged lender? When I chose that option, it showed 2.49% financing for 60 months via Alliant Credit Union. I plan to look into other financing options as well but I wondered if anyone financed through Alliant CU in Texas. My wife and I will co-finance the vehicle and have good credit score (with previous auto financing) so we think we will have good chance of getting good apr. However, wow was the experience with Alliant CU? Did ya'll get 2.49% rate as advertised?

3. When I placed the order, the estimated delivery time was in 2-4 weeks. How accurate is this?

4. I live in Austin, TX area. I have owned German cars but I never thought about getting PPF for my vehicles since, well, I never kept them any longer than 2 years. However, I plan to keep Model Y for awhile so I plan to get overall PPF. How much does it generally cost for PPF in Texas? Does anyone have any recommended businesses in Austin area?

Thank you so much guys!

Good afternoon all, I finally ordered my Model Y LR, White Exterior/Black Interior, 19" wheel today after multiple test drives and months of debates with my wife. I am really excited since this is my first EV and look forward to road-trips/camping with my dogs in this vehicle!

Excitement aside, I have few questions for members here and thank you in advance for answering my questions! I also apologize if these questions have previously been answered in different threads.

1. How does Tesla trade-in process work? Does Tesla uphold trade-in value that they estimated today at the time of payment? Do I also drop off the vehicle when I pick my Model Y?

2. Has anyone recently financed Tesla with its arranged lender? When I chose that option, it showed 2.49% financing for 60 months via Alliant Credit Union. I plan to look into other financing options as well but I wondered if anyone financed through Alliant CU in Texas. My wife and I will co-finance the vehicle and have good credit score (with previous auto financing) so we think we will have good chance of getting good apr. However, wow was the experience with Alliant CU? Did ya'll get 2.49% rate as advertised?

3. When I placed the order, the estimated delivery time was in 2-4 weeks. How accurate is this?

4. I live in Austin, TX area. I have owned German cars but I never thought about getting PPF for my vehicles since, well, I never kept them any longer than 2 years. However, I plan to keep Model Y for awhile so I plan to get overall PPF. How much does it generally cost for PPF in Texas? Does anyone have any recommended businesses in Austin area?

Thank you so much guys!
Congrats on the order. I'm a Tesla newbie waiting for my Y delivered at Austin so take all I say with a grain of salt :)
1. For me Tesla trade in was very low. I traded in using Carvana, which was much higher than Tesla
2. I tried to use Alliant but for me they were a pain to deal with. I understand others used Alliant and were pleased.... But it is really not a "tesla arranged loan" as Tesla is not able to do that in Texas. I understand others have used other credit unions with success. UFCU supposedly is experienced working with Tesla.
3. No one will know the answer to this. Tesla is ramping Y production big time. Things change constantly. My bet is you will receive before end of september.
4. I'm switching from a BMW and I had not heard of this PPF craze until I started looking into Tesla. I don't mind a paint chip here and there due to normal use of the vehicle so I wont be doing PPF but I'm thinking of doing ceramic coating just to avoid the rainbow discoloration on the black trim from drive-thru car washes...

Congratulations! When I order my Model Y LR, AWD, Midnight Silver Metallic, 19’’ Gemini Wheels and FSD on 19 August the wait was 4-6 weeks and two days later it went to 2-4 weeks. I think most of us will be getting our cars soon before the end of the quarter.

I tried trading in my BMW with Tesla, but got lowballed, so I looked at Carvana and Cars.com, which had a better offer, but eventually sold to another local dealer who specialized on clean looking sports cars. I'm eligible to use Navy Federal Credit Union, so I went with them; they have very good rates which vary with the length of the loan.The rates are 1.79% for 36 months, 2.19% for 37-60 months and 2.29% for 61-72 months.

I have used PPF on my last two BMWs, and highly recommend it to the front end to keep love bugs and minor scratched and rock chips away.

Good luck!