Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Orange County (CA) Tesla Group?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might want to meet at a weekly car show like Cars & Coffee in Irvine: http://irvine.carsandcoffee.info/

Thanks! Something the OC group members can look into. But I do think we need just our separate Tesla group so that we can all share our experiences with the cars.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, two places come to mind: Both have a Kean Coffee coffeehouse nearby; really really good coffee. The owner is Mr. Diedrich himself. The Westcliff location has a breakfast shop called Haute Cakes Caffe with an open air breakfast area. Should be able to handle about 15-20 people early in the morning.

I don't think it necessary to have a facility with charging stations given that this is for a local meet up and round trip should be under 80 miles if the location is central to North OC and South OC. Have car, will travel.

2043 Westcliff Dr #100
Newport Beach
(949) 642-5326

13681 Newport Ave #14
Tustin
(714) 838-5326

Thanks for the suggestion! Definitely something we can check out. I feel that we shouldn't have the meets in the same locale every time, so mixing it up will be nice.

OK, So here are the details for our first meet and greet!

Who: you Tesla owners
What: OC Meet and Greet
Where: Fashion Island Mall - Tesla Store. Park at the parking structure on the south side, near CPK, Forever 21, PF Changs. There are 2 110v and 2 level 2 chargers on the top floor, and 2 Tesla plugs on the bottom floor.
When: Sunday June 2nd at 10 am.
Map: A map is embedded.

The Tesla Store (East side near Macy's) has graciously accepted to host a meet and greet and will have Tesla Reps available to answer any questions. They will open the store 1 hour earlier for us at 10 am. They will open to the general public at 11 am.

The mall itself doesn't open until 11 am, so not sure if there will be any coffee shops open.

Let me know if you have any questions.

OK, So here are the details for our first meet and greet!

Who: you Tesla owners
What: OC Meet and Greet
Where: Fashion Island Mall - Tesla Store. Park at the parking structure on the south side, near CPK, Forever 21, PF Changs. There are 2 110v and 2 level 2 chargers on the top floor, and 2 Tesla plugs on the bottom floor.
When: Sunday June 2nd at 10 am.
Map: A map is embedded.

The Tesla Store (East side near Macy's) has graciously accepted to host a meet and greet and will have Tesla Reps available to answer any questions. They will open the store 1 hour earlier for us at 10 am. They will open to the general public at 11 am.

The mall itself doesn't open until 11 am, so not sure if there will be any coffee shops open.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I just contacted the store and they have some sort of fancy coffee maker there (Kirig)? Maybe we can arrange to have plenty of cups and coffee? I can bring donuts.

If any of you are itchin to drive your Teslas and meet fellow Tesla owners before June 2, drive down to the San Diego Tesla Club meeting on Tuesday, May 21 at 6:30 PM in Encinitas/Olivenhain.
Member Phil Trubey is hosting the meeting at his horse farm and member Randy Schimka will discuss his experience touring the factory and driving back to SD. Randy is the SDG&E Clean Vehicle Program head and can give us tips on finding chargers etc.

Here is a link with more details: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/show...et-at-6-30-PM)?p=333835&viewfull=1#post333835

It's true that most stores will be closed but there's at least one nearby coffee shop, on the left side as you walk from the parking lot with the Tesla HPWC to the Tesla Store. It's called Le Pain Quotidien and it opens from 8 am on Sundays. http://www.lepainquotidien.us/#/en_US/locations/california/fashion_island

ahh. good to know. i've walked past that a couple times. of course, if people need coffee, there's also a Peets Coffee on Avacado/PCH that they can go to prior to the meet.

I found out about your meet and greet over on the TM forums and responded that I'll be there. Glad I navigated over here to the TM Club to get a more complete back story.
Not sure how to list the spec info at the bottom of posts just yet, so I'll just say my MS is silver and black 60Kwh with license plate TUSTIN.
See you there.
AJC

I found out about your meet and greet over on the TM forums and responded that I'll be there. Glad I navigated over here to the TM Club to get a more complete back story.
Not sure how to list the spec info at the bottom of posts just yet, so I'll just say my MS is silver and black 60Kwh with license plate TUSTIN.
See you there.
AJC

Hi AJC9. glad you will be able to make it. I posted it in both places in case people don't look at both forums.

The signature line will show up in your settings once you've posted (I think) 5 times to the TMC forums.