Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Optimized Supercharger Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't believe this is always true. At the Tejon ranch supercharger station I was getting very little juice parked next to another model S, and the full charge when I moved away. We were the only two cars there charging. So at least at that location I believe the ports were Siamesed.

Are the Tejon stalls labeled the same as the stalls described in the earlier post?

Fremont has 8 stalls now (up from 4) and they are labeled 1A 1B 2A 2B...

That makes sense, because it was two different installs. The first four are interleaved, then when the second set of four are installed, they were interleaved. It makes no sense to rerun all of the conduits. The pictures below show how much work it is, installing the conduits.

First, here is a picture from Columbus, TX. Because they had to install the Supercharger cabinets above the 100-year floodplain, the 3 large conduits that connect each cabinet can easily be seen under the platform that keeps the Superchargers above the 100-year floodplain. One conduit is for the 480-Volt, 3-Phase power into the cabinet, then there are two output conduits, one to each of the stalls that the Supercharger Cabinet serves.
Columbus-SC-Connections.jpg

The second picture is from Corsicana, TX showing the work that it takes to run all of the conduits from the Supercharger cabinets to each stall.
Corsicana-Conduit.png

==========
Picture Sources:

These are not pictures that I took, but are crops of pictures posted by others on the Texas Supercharger Locations thread.

Last edited: