Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Letter to Elon Musk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The first items mentioned are presumably their highest priority items and I strongly agree. Its a little disappointing Tesla is so far behind many other carmakers in the new automated crash avoidance technology. Especially surprising since the Model S is supposed to be a "leader" in the automotive field. Hoping Musk was talking about this technology when he said it would be done. I think crash avoidance tech is as important a change in the auto industry as electric propulsion.

With all the posts about hood creases, I would prefer an automatic frunk closure before an automated charge port. I also personally like the low profile sun visors. I don't want two gigantic sun shields--sometimes depending on the position of the sun, the visors are worthless anyway--that's what sunglasses are for. I just feel that these requests were personal requests and not reflective of the general Model S population. Granted, they spent their money and put the ad out which they're entitled to--I guess it's more the media...
Yeah, auto frunk closure would be a really great addition.

Regarding the visors, I like the low-profile ones as well, but have had a need for wider ones. A decent solution would be new ones of the same width that are capable of doubling their width with a pull down slider. I've seen those for length extensions, and they integrate nicely. Something like this, but runs the length of the visor and pulls down from the bottom.

Sun_Visor_extensions.jpg

Love it ! !

AND your song selection "Just To Satisfy You" hahaha

And while were at it, I am getting REEELY tired of opening and closing my driver side front door, it should obviously open as I approach my S and then close when the seat butt sensor pressure switch is activated.

I would much prefer a police avoidance system instead of accident avoidance system since I have a propensity to be charged (but not convicted as of yet) with "Willful Speed Competition".

Hmm.....did someone say blindspot detection? If you don't know how to adjust your mirrors properly, maybe you shouldn't have a drivers license.

Its not as if Elon himself and his teams of engineers aren't already working crazy hours on far more important projects.

Yeah, auto frunk closure would be a really great addition.

I completely agree! With all of the Frunk denting issues and half fixes such as the spray foam injection that has gone horrible wrong for many why would this not be on the top of Tesla's list. No more complaining about dented hoods or having some complex closing technic that changes weekly to hopefully prevent a dent from forming. This would be a fairly simple and easy solution. Make the secondary latch electronic so all you have to do is drop the hood and the first latch catches then the second electronic latch would close the hood completely. Can't be that difficult to add.

I completely agree! With all of the Frunk denting issues and half fixes such as the spray foam injection that has gone horrible wrong for many why would this not be on the top of Tesla's list. No more complaining about dented hoods or having some complex closing technic that changes weekly to hopefully prevent a dent from forming. This would be a fairly simple and easy solution. Make the secondary latch electronic so all you have to do is drop the hood and the first latch catches then the second electronic latch would close the hood completely. Can't be that difficult to add.

No, considering this was a standard "luxury" feature on American cars dating back at least to the 80s.

Oh good grief . . . more money than sense. (Are any of these ideas new to Elon? I doubt it.)

Also, you can answer the phone from the steering wheel, if you keep from hanging up on people answering via touchscreen. I never realized that was a "danger," but it surely doesn't belong under their "safety" heading; that's pure convenience. It's safest not to use the phone (even hands-free). (I'm not dissing folks using the hands-free while driving; I use it, too.)

- Sound Sensors (front and rear)
- Answer calls button (Steering wheel) not sure if that has changed but think so.

Either-way that make 3 of 7 changes done in 1 year!!! I would love to see or hear of ANY other car manufacture out there doing such a thing. Unheard of for sure and a testament to Tesla. Think about the millions of request they get asking for this and that and they still manage to accommodate and implement mid production changes, Congrats on that.

Keep up the good work TESLA!!!!