Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Center Console

Do you need some organization in the center console?

• Yes, give me some way to keep my stuff organized.

Votes: 105 62.5%
  • No, I like the open console.

Votes: 32 19.0%
  • I don't care much either way.

Votes: 31 18.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Where were those diagrams retrieved from? If these are somehow leaked from Tesla, certainly seems very convincing that we will in fact see an entirely alternative center console to the one that's currently in the Betas (at least at some point). For something like the center console, it's not inconceivable to think that they have been using a makeshift one in the Betas we've seen and have been off developing one that will actually be put in the RCs or final production cars.

And while this certainly looks better than the simple dual-track design they have now, I still don't see how this adds storage of any kind. They still seem to highlight the open area for placing a bag into (which I truly like), but hopefully it also has some compartments for storage.

These drawings were from a Model S promotional booklet they handed out at the factory event last fall.
Was there a special promo booklet that they gave you because you have a roadster? I only found the 'standard' promo booklet at the kiosk + all of the little plastic injection molded cars. The center console sketches definitely have lines that match the styling of the door panels

Doug's taken a first pass at cleaning up some of these threads. Reposting from another location:

Did a first pass at cleaning up this thread.

If you want to complain or counter complaints about the interior go here: Gripes about the Beta interior
If you want to specifically discuss the center console or lack there of go here: Open Center Console

I'd prefer you also left discussion about the Tesla web site out of this thread.
For that stuff I guess you can go here: It's Spring! Where's the finished Design Studio?

Doug's taken a first pass at cleaning up some of these threads. Reposting from another location:

Thanks, Bonnie:

enforcer-poster.jpg

Because clearly something is in the works.

Yes, George B said so in one of engle's interviews. ;) I like the Model X console. And do hope that the space remains open, It's convenient to be able to move the legs in front of the console, for example when using it from the passenger seat (photo upcoming). So personally, I like the open part in the S beta as it is very accessible to just lay a few things in it. So I hope they'll have storage under the arm rest or so, without removing the open space.