View Poll Results: Do you need some organization in the center console?

Voters
167. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, give me some way to keep my stuff organized.

104 62.28%
  • No, I like the open console.

32 19.16%
  • I don't care much either way.

31 18.56%
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Open Center Console

Blog Entries

Open Center Console

Product Manager Ted Merendino said that the open center console will be sort of a Tesla signature. While that's kind of interesting, GeorgeB said that there will be some accessory option down the line.

Having checked in both our existing cars, here's a short summary of some of the "stuff" that needs a home in our cars:

• Wallet
    • Sunglasses
    • House Keys
    • Change
    • Hand Sanitizer
    • Phone
    • Pen
    • Mints
    • Dry Cleaning Tickets
    • Tissues

So, let's tell Tesla whether we need an open console or not. Guess what my vote is!

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    Product Manager Ted Merendino said that the open center console will be sort of a Tesla signature. While that's kind of interesting, GeorgeB said that there will be some accessory option down the line.

Having checked in both our existing cars, here's a short summary of some of the "stuff" that needs a home in our cars:

• Wallet
    • Sunglasses
    • House Keys
    • Change
    • Hand Sanitizer
    • Phone
    • Pen
    • Mints
    • Dry Cleaning Tickets
    • Tissues

So, let's tell Tesla whether we need an open console or not. Guess what my vote is!
    With the performance version that accesory option will be neccsary to not have all that above stuff fly to the back seat

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevbf View Post
    With the performance version that accesory option will be neccsary to not have all that above stuff fly to the back seat
    I think I can guess which way most Roadster owners will vote...

Quote Originally Posted by mikevbf View Post
    Tesla will play the Apple playbook until the end... They are keeping some cool details til the end.

The center console will probably be spectacular, I'm not expecting anything less from Tesla

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Just give me an modular iPhone dock when I can hop in and plug the iPhone in to charge and play music and I'll be happy. It should support other phones too by buying different docks that slide in place from Tesla or other companies.

I think most folks would agree with your list and probably have more items that need a place to be stored. I prefer to store my "stuff" out of sight but readily accessible. I have a front wheel drive car (Lexus 350RX) that has both an open center console for the large purse and an enclosed console within the center to accommodate not only the cup holders but also all the "stuff" in an enclosed storage bin. Both concepts (open center console/enclosed storage space) can be implemented without compromise to either.

No way to to get through with that !

for a car with "no compromises" i have to accecpt at least a hand full .... till now ..

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Tesla will play the Apple playbook until the end... They are keeping some cool details til the end.

The center console will probably be spectacular, I'm not expecting anything less from Tesla
    Umm..that would go against everything they've said up until now. Even this weekend they've claimed that the look of the interior is virtually finalized. So don't get your hopes up. Though given the early results of this poll, Tesla would be silly to ignore them and not try and do something before production.

Blog Entries
    Business opportunity for someone . Get on it!

Would be cool to be able to pick different pieces that fit in the console area and 'design your own' to perfectly fit YOUR needs.

[*]Wallet[*]Sunglasses[*]House Keys[*]Change[*]Hand Sanitizer[*]Phone[*]Pen[*]Mints[*]Dry Cleaning Tickets[*]Tissues[*]...

I carry all those things too, but I already have them in a handy container called a purse! And now I'll actually have a place to put it! We're very underrepresented on this forum, but I've got to speak up for the purse-carrying gender.

Thread Information