Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Can I order and replace the Model 3 center console sliding drawer?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2022 Model 3 and my wife left a pen on the center console sliding drawer yesterday and today I saw it had leaked ink on it and dried. Ink wouldn't come off without the finish under it, as you can see. So now I have to figure out out to replace this part. Is this something that can be ordered from Tesla or anywhere else, and if so, is it something I would be able to install?

I see that there are some third party accessories that will lay down over the drawer, for a different look, but I'd rather not go there if I don't have to.

I thought there also might be some exact match touch up paint that I could buy from a Tesla accessory store or Tesla themselves, but I haven't found any. Probably would not blend well anyway.

Any help is appreciated!

Attachments

• tesla sliding drawer.jpg
    tesla sliding drawer.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 203
Reactions: brianbcc
I have a 2022 Model 3 and my wife left a pen on the center console sliding drawer yesterday and today I saw it had leaked ink on it and dried. Ink wouldn't come off without the finish under it, as you can see. So now I have to figure out out to replace this part. Is this something that can be ordered from Tesla or anywhere else, and if so, is it something I would be able to install?

I see that there are some third party accessories that will lay down over the drawer, for a different look, but I'd rather not go there if I don't have to.

I thought there also might be some exact match touch up paint that I could buy from a Tesla accessory store or Tesla themselves, but I haven't found any. Probably would not blend well anyway.

Any help is appreciated!
Look on ebay for Model 3 sliding center console lid. That would be your least expensive option.

I believe Tesla sells the console as a whole unit, so that route probably would be much more expensive.

Only problem is it may be a huge chore to disassemble the console to be able to replace the lid.

Look on ebay for Model 3 sliding center console lid. That would be your least expensive option.

I believe Tesla sells the console as a whole unit, so that route probably would be much more expensive.

Only problem is it may be a huge chore to disassemble the console to be able to replace the lid.
Looks like I will likely have to live with it.

The wrap kits can be had cheaply enough that you could risk doing it yourself.

Watch the clips about how to make sure drawer won’t scratch the wrap.
You should be able to put a credit card between the slide and the frame or the wrap will drag and get scratched in short order.

There may be another option. See if a tint shop will install the wrap for you as long as you’ve made sure the slide won’t drag.

Reactions: MarkFromSLO