Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Vendor Official Tessie app talk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I seem to be struggling on getting my automations to behave correctly.

I guess my first question - if I'm trying to set charging schedules via automations, do I need to have the Manual Toggle Enabled for Charging Schedule (found via the Charges icon on the home page)?

Do I have my automations set up properly to have a
- 9 PM - 1 PM charging schedule when home, M-F
- Midnight - 1 PM charging schedule when home, Sunday
- (No charging Saturday)

The charge limits seem to work just fine. It's the schedules that are screwing me up!

Attachments

• IMG_8799.PNG
    IMG_8799.PNG
    456.8 KB · Views: 68
If I'm trying to set charging schedules via automations, do I need to have the Manual Toggle Enabled for Charging Schedule (found via the Charges icon on the home page)?
You don't need to do anything else. Create the schedule and it should just work. Do you have a screenshot of this manual toggle you're referring to?

Do I have my automations set up properly to have a
- 9 PM - 1 PM charging schedule when home, M-F
Yep!
- Midnight - 1 PM charging schedule when home, Sunday
Yep!
- (No charging Saturday)
Nope! The car is free to charge on days where you don't have a schedule defined. Create a schedule for Saturday and set it for 00:00-00:01.

Check out these examples to help you get a better idea of how it works. Sounds like you've pretty much got it though. :)

If you need any more help, email me at [email protected] so I can check out your account and help with your specific setup.

Last edited:
I have my automation set for 8pm to 2pm as well and I have to manually turn it on after 8pm. It use to charge just fine but recently it stopped and I had to use a Tesla supercharger to get home since it didn't charge over night.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230802_160600.jpg
    Screenshot_20230802_160600.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 37
Just downloaded the app as we just bought a new 2023 model 3. Question, is there any way that we can view the live cameras when our car is parked like in the Tesla app?
On my roadmap!
I have my automation set for 8pm to 2pm as well and I have to manually turn it on after 8pm. It use to charge just fine but recently it stopped and I had to use a Tesla supercharger to get home since it didn't charge over night.
Email [email protected] and I can tell you why it didn't work. Might've been a WiFi/cellular issue.
Hmm, Tessie missed a drive this morning for the first time. In fact it seems to be missing about 12 hours of time. I did update the app yesterday on my phone and I'm not 100% sure if I opened since I did, would that cause this?
Nah, it grabs data from Tesla every 10 seconds from the cloud regardless of the app's state. There's been a known firmware bug in the modem for awhile that can randomly cause the incoming connection from Tesla to timeout for up to 12 hours (the modem periodically resets by itself every 12/24H, which is why it suddenly fixes itself.) Rebooting can help prevent it from happening in the future. Tesla's working on a new telemetry service for third party apps that will (hopefully, fingers crossed) solve this issue.

Thanks for sending over the details. The car tried to start charging but couldn't because of the charge cable.

I've deployed an enhancement that will detect this issue with the car and send you an alert so you can reinsert the cable!

Reactions: Utumno
Thanks for sending over the details. The car tried to start charging but couldn't because of the charge cable.

I've deployed an enhancement that will detect this issue with the car and send you an alert so you can reinsert the cable!
Hi James, I replied to this email with a bit more specifics. I didn't mention in the email of what your seeing from the charge cable connection and it just donned on me. I was using Neocharge splitter for two car charging over night. It was working flawlessly until recently. I've removed the splitter and it still have to hit manual charge. I have a couple of other things I want to try in the Automation setting.

Thanks

Starting climate uses your last settings, but because there are multiple profiles in the car, and there's no way to remotely choose a profile, it'll typically use the Easy Entry profile climate settings.

It doesn't insert any hidden magic for you, and it'll do exactly what you tell it. So if you tell it to start and never stop, it won't stop. Otherwise, you can add a Stop Climate/Preconditioning action.

In your wife's example, you would create one to Start Defrost then another one to Stop Defrost 15-20 minutes later.

For your battery regen example, I'd recommend starting climate/preconditioning 45 minutes before leaving.

To handle cases where you don't leave and don't want it on forever, you can handle this by telling it to stop if the car is still at a location.

For example, if you tell the car to start climate at 4:45 AM Monday through Friday, but on some of those days you might not actually go in, you can tell it to stop climate if the car is still at home at 5:30 AM. Make sense?
I was just thinking right now and had an additional question on climate.
1. Currently have step to start climate at x time if at x location.
2. Currently have step to set climate to x if at x location.
3. Currently have step to stop climate at x time if at x location.

Can step 1 be skipped, meaning when you set the temperature in step 2 it turns it on?
Or is step 2 needed because the climate won't start, just the temp will be set?

I was just thinking right now and had an additional question on climate.
1. Currently have step to start climate at x time if at x location.
2. Currently have step to set climate to x if at x location.
3. Currently have step to stop climate at x time if at x location.

Can step 1 be skipped, meaning when you set the temperature in step 2 it turns it on?
Or is step 2 needed because the climate won't start, just the temp will be set?
Changing the temperature doesn't automatically turn on the climate (via automations or the API; if you do it in the Climate screen it will.) It allows for setting the temperature in advance and resetting the temperature after a drive.

Thanks. One more question: I recently came home from a road trip where I set the charge limit to 100% while on the road. I set it back to my normal 70% using the Tessie app, but maybe I closed it too soon and it didn't work. And I didn't notice. Until the next day when my wife told me the car is sitting at 100%. I tried to find something in the Charging Alerts page to help alert me when this happens, but couldn't find anything. Seems like the only alert I ever wanted/needed isn't available. Any way I can do something like this?

A task in process is a really good analogy. Live activity is in progress that's actively being recorded and analyzed, which is why it uses the moving dots to indicate that.

It finishes when the car is done idling - moves or gets plugged in.
I have a 2023 model 3 RWD with the LFP battery. For over 3 hours after I got home today Tessie says my 2023 is sleeping yet I get “idle in progress”. Tessie also tells me I have 0% phantom drain and my SOC has remained at 49%.

Could you please explain what is happening. I’m new at EV ownership but am a lifetime Tessie owner so I’d like to educate myself