Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

October delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

I just got a text message asking if I want to take delivery this month (evidently my order is on “hold” when I declined to take delivery before the end of September and I told my Tesla Advisor that I would be ready in 3-4 weeks)

Anyone else getting the same?

Hi all,

I just got a text message asking if I want to take delivery this month (evidently my order is on “hold” when I declined to take delivery before the end of September and I told my Tesla Advisor that I would be ready in 3-4 weeks)

Yep, same here. Ive been on hold since March.

Hi all,

Got the same text this morning. Also, I rejected a delivery on 09/30. I called SC immediately, and now am on waiting list again.

Took delivery yesterday of the one we ordered eight weeks ago, shows a production date of October (and we were notified it had completed build on Oct 1, VIN available 9/30), so basically an end of quarter car, sales guy was super confident all along that it would be delivered by end of quarter but no. Delivery was great, car has no issues worth noting that weren't addressed at pickup (mainly a few leftover pieces of masking tape on inside trim pieces). I was worried about an end of quarter car, turned out to be a non-issue. Figured I'd post since everyone that has issues does, but probably the people that didn't don't necessarily do so...

Took delivery yesterday of the one we ordered eight weeks ago, shows a production date of October (and we were notified it had completed build on Oct 1, VIN available 9/30), so basically an end of quarter car, sales guy was super confident all along that it would be delivered by end of quarter but no. Delivery was great, car has no issues worth noting that weren't addressed at pickup (mainly a few leftover pieces of masking tape on inside trim pieces). I was worried about an end of quarter car, turned out to be a non-issue. Figured I'd post since everyone that has issues does, but probably the people that didn't don't necessarily do so...

Superior or Littleton?

Please share your VIN if possible. Thanks!

mine is 0557xx but the car next to me at pickup in the exact same config and build date was 057xxx, can't recall the fourth number but was surprised that their car built the same day was at least 1400 higher in the sequence.
Just curious what color did you get and what color was the one next to you? I am asking as I have a Blue on order and ready for pickup and is blue mettalic. I have noticed blue has the 057XXX sequence..

Just curious what color did you get and what color was the one next to you? I am asking as I have a Blue on order and ready for pickup and is blue mettalic. I have noticed blue has the 057XXX sequence..
Both our cars were blue. The Blue ones took the longest to get out of the factory and came in a large batch at and around the end of the quarter according to my sales center. My sequence is 0557xx, the other car was the 057xxx (i.e. different)

Both our cars were blue. The Blue ones took the longest to get out of the factory and came in a large batch at and around the end of the quarter according to my sales center. My sequence is 0557xx, the other car was the 057xxx (i.e. different)

Oh ok. Good to know you got the blue and did not have any issues. I ordered on 9/24 and VIN showed up on 10/1. Text message came on 10/5 for pickup delivery date. I kept delaying and finally got text today to confirm date or they will assign a date for any date 2 days in future. I went to scheduling and saw 10/14 was the closest I could get to my preferred pickup date of 10/22 ( 20th wedding anniversary and its a surprise gift for wife). I picked 10/14 for now. I called casually and Tesla Burbank CA office mentioned they have the car in a Burbank off parking location.

I think they manufactured on Oct 1 or 2 and then moved it from Fremont to Burbank around Oct 5. My VIN as I mentioned is 57XXX. Hopefully, I don't have any issues :) I picked 11 am as pickup time so I can see it clearly.

Hi just joined this forum.
I ordered my on September 26 and today was assigned a Vin 60xxx 2021 model year. Got that info from decoding the Vin and also from my insurance company . It is a lr awd metallic blue with towing and fsd. Also in my account I found the MVPA
I was a little miffed because the calculations for tax were based on where I was picking up the vehicle vs where I am registering and living. This cost me almost 300 more in taxes . SA told me the taxes are based on where you buy the vehicle. I’m not so sure about this and when I pick up the vehicle I will certainly challenge this. Just an aside the 10 digit in my Vin is an M which indicates a 2012 model. Payment was made electronically which surprised me . Now I have to wait for a pick up date.

Reactions: 907XCP
Update to my post above. I am picking up MY on October 25 almost 1 month to the day. My vehicle is a 2021 not a 2012 my mistake above.
update on the taxes, they were adjusted to where I live. My SA was a little put off with me being a type A person but all in all he was a great asset. My advice on contacting your SA is certainly. They are there to help you get your car and if you wait on them it may be longer than if you contacted them to get update. Mind you being a pest could backfire so prudence is best. Can’t wait till the 25th to bring it home. Just hope there are no major faults. I can live with minor blemishes it’s a car after all .