Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Now My Tesla SOUNDS like A PERFORMANCE CAR

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried to post the direct link, but it wouldn't load - sorry, I'm not the most proficient tech guy on the forum. If you click on the link and open it in another window it will take you to the site. It's worth the effort....

I'll try to find a more direct way of posting, but my 10 minute window to edit has past.

tarform makes an EV motorcycle. They added sound to it. I think it sounds cool and its good for deaf people (this is why sound is going to be legally required in a few years). Clip:

Could be. Haven't been following it enough to know if this will be a requirement or not. Do you have something that says it will be? Not disagreeing, just curious if this is something being pushed.

Gosh - Sorry. It was a joke video - not important, just something to smile about. You hear the sound of something that is a performance car shifting gears. The camera turns to a parking deck exit, and when then you see a guy playing a trombone on the back of a Vespa, mimicking the sound of a performance engine.

All I wanted to do was make someone smile, sorry the link didn't work, but geez, lighten up a bit.

• Funny
Reactions: Rich Lee
tarform makes an EV motorcycle. They added sound to it. I think it sounds cool and its good for deaf people (this is why sound is going to be legally required in a few years). Clip:

Talk about tacking a problem onto a solution. Thing is, it's not just the rider that gets to hear the engine roar when they're tearing through my neighborhood on their crotch rocket at 1am.

Talk about tacking a problem onto a solution. Thing is, it's not just the rider that gets to hear the engine roar when they're tearing through my neighborhood on their crotch rocket at 1am.

This sound is going to be quiet compared to your neighborhood Harley, also EV sounds are mandated by law in the coming years due to people with disabilities (such as the blind)

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration issued its final ruling in February 2018. It requires hybrids and electric vehicles travelling at less than 18.6 mph (30 km/h) to emit warning sounds that pedestrians must be able to hear over background noises. The regulation requires full compliance in September 2020, but 50% of "quiet" vehicles must have the warning sounds by September 2019.

Electric vehicle warning sounds - Wikipedia

Gosh - Sorry. It was a joke video - not important, just something to smile about. You hear the sound of something that is a performance car shifting gears. The camera turns to a parking deck exit, and when then you see a guy playing a trombone on the back of a Vespa, mimicking the sound of a performance engine.

All I wanted to do was make someone smile, sorry the link didn't work, but geez, lighten up a bit.

Something like this?

I think you meant blind people. Besides why can't we make a device that beeps based on distances for blind people instead of making all cars make noise? It would be a lot less devices that are needed. Plus, for them it can be more like Daredevil.

I smiled at what you wrote..also the video posted later of what you described is pretty hilarious.