Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not keeping a second driver profile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’ve saved my wife’s driver profile many times…linked it to her phone key…it still won’t remember it and wants her to reset her profile every time. Am I missing something simple here ? New 2024 MYLR..love the car, but she does have her quirks..

Got in today and my profile was the only one showing in the car. We “added a driver” yet again and set up her “profile”.. this has happened multiple times..and when it does manage to keep her profile, it won’t automatically switch to her when she drives the car…me not being in the car…and then at some point she no longer appears as an option on drivers…that’s what seems to be happening, but it has been confusing…we’ll see what transpires tomorrow 🤷🏼

Upvote 0
Got in today and my profile was the only one showing in the car. We “added a driver” yet again and set up her “profile”.. this has happened multiple times..and when it does manage to keep her profile, it won’t automatically switch to her when she drives the car…me not being in the car…and then at some point she no longer appears as an option on drivers…that’s what seems to be happening, but it has been confusing…we’ll see what transpires tomorrow 🤷🏼
Do you each have a Tesla website account? Are you “assigning” the profile to the cloud?

I only have one Tesla website ID /PW, and one cloud profile. I regret the cloud profile. Simple profiles in the car remain as local car setups.

You could delete your cloud profile, if using it, and start over with just simple profiles. It’s best to fully clear profile data which means deleting your Tesla app on both phones including Bluetooth links, then reinstalling, reading phone key to website and Bluetooth link and recreate simple profiles.

It’s harsh, but should help. One Tesla website, simple car profile. That sticks and remains.

Linking a profile to a phone sometimes works but occasionally is lost. But the profile remains and is selectable.

Getting all the possible data links deleted on phone cache, cloud cache is tiresome. Occasionally Tesla clean up archived data with firmware update but starting fresh is the fastest.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You could delete your cloud profile, if using it, and start over with just simple profiles. It’s best to fully clear profile data which means deleting your Tesla app on both phones including Bluetooth links, then reinstalling, reading phone key to website and Bluetooth link and recreate simple profiles.

It’s harsh, but should help. One Tesla website, simple car profile. That sticks and remains.
You can delete (reset) your cloud profile without doing any of that. Totally unnecessary.

Upvote 0
In the car, on the Driver Profile Settings screen, use the Reset Tesla Profile button.

In the mobile app, go to the settings menu, select your profile, select Driver Profile, and select Reset Tesla Profile.
Yes...however it covers cloud profile weirdness in general.

I have 2 cars with my cloud profiles "out of sync". Adjusting my seat in one car, saves (IMO) the relative change to the profile, not the absolute seat position. Initially, car 1 seat position may have been saved in a reclined position and a cloud profile created in car 2. Entering car 1, the seat back moves forward crushing my chest against the wheel. Somehow the profile assumes the seat is  still in the recline position.

Annoying right now, but I'll most likely reset/delete the whole profile and start from scratch.

Cloud profiles work as consistent as auto-wipers.

Upvote 0
Yes...however it covers cloud profile weirdness in general.

I have 2 cars with my cloud profiles "out of sync". Adjusting my seat in one car, saves (IMO) the relative change to the profile, not the absolute seat position. Initially, car 1 seat position may have been saved in a reclined position and a cloud profile created in car 2. Entering car 1, the seat back moves forward crushing my chest against the wheel. Somehow the profile assumes the seat is  still in the recline position.

Annoying right now, but I'll most likely reset/delete the whole profile and start from scratch.

Cloud profiles work as consistent as auto-wipers.
There’s a seat recalibration you can perform if the seats aren’t adjusting correctly, under Controls > Services I believe. Try that in the car with the incorrect seating position before recreating your profile. Note that during the calibration process the seat will fully recline, so it’s best done when you’re not sitting there. Since both of your cars are MY’s according to your signature, the seat positions should match.

Reactions: Hurricane4911
Upvote 0