Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Strange Phone Key behaviour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
HI all, firstly apologies for a repeat of this question.. I'm sure it's happened before but can't find the exact article.
I've noticed with my tesla app on my iPhone 15 (latest IOS) that My Model Y '23 won't unlock unless I go into the app and hit the unlock button.. this has happened to me probably 3 or 4 times. Auto lock also didn't work when I walked away from the car... but 9/10 it works.
This morning my wife with her own individual profile and her own iPhone (13 max pro) setup as a normal user with a phone key has been driving for a couple of months using the phone key no issues, but the last week has noticed she needs to use her phone to unlock the car (via the app) and this morning it wouldn't allow her to drive at all until she hit the 'start' button on the app with her phone.. and my profile was still showing on the screen (usually it switches profile to her profile with her spotify account, etc... when it detects her phone.) She is also the primary driver as I only drive it on weekends as I commute to work via train.
Are there some recommended settings in the iphone that need to be on to ensure we don't hit this issue again? Anyone else had this issue?
Walk away tab lock on ?