Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Not a fan of animated avatars

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find the animated avatars distracting and annoying. They don't really add anything to the forum.

Gottatofast's avatar on the Model 3 page is an example (not animated in this screenshot):

1000000788.png

This is more manual but you can use the Chrome dev tools feature Inspect Element to select and delete an animated image (or column of distracting ads) from a page.

Brave is built on Chromium so it should have the same dev tools.

Try this extension: Animation Policy from Google.

You can set it to {Allow animated images, Allow one shot, Disable them}.
In the second setting, the one shot might happen before you scroll to see that image. Suits me.

Supposedly, Brave can install Chrome extensions.

BTW this won't affect JavaScript animations such as the search field on Rheem.

Per How to use Chrome extensions on an Android browser

> You cannot install Chrome extensions on the Chrome browser on Android, but several Chromium-based third-party browsers, like Yandex and Kiwi, support extensions.

> Yandex currently supports three extensions, including Pocket, LastPass, and Evernote.

[Avoid LastPass like the plague! If you've used it, move to a more secure password manager like 1Password, delete then purge the records from LastPass, and change all your passwords.]

> Kiwi Browser seemingly installed almost every Chrome extension we threw at it, so it’s the optimal choice for those with particular extension needs. You can even install extensions through compressed or user.js files.

Kiwi installed on my phone, and Animation Policy installed on Kiwi after going to landscape mode to reach the Install button.

Animation Policy's menu is at the bottom of the Kiwi menu, but its setting doesn't take.

Next ideas: Try modifying Animation Policy so it defaults to one-shot animations. Or submit a pull request to Kiwi to add the animation control feature. Or try Firefox and its extensions.