Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Non-Premium (non perforated) Package | Ultra White Seats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Some pictures of the ultra white seats on a nonPUP X.

Second row:-
20160422_121519.jpg

Second row:-
20160422_121526.jpg

First row passenger-
20160422_122906.jpg

First row passenger side-
20160422_122908.jpg

Yes!!! Confirmation! That is why I didn't get the premium package. Definitely looks more durable than the perforated. Looks like marshmallow.

Looks like I have the go signal to enlarge my family and add to the world's population infestation. :D

Thank you Ssq for posting.

How is the feel? Is it extremely plush? I wonder if the no-staining properties extends to the sides of the seat. Also wondering if leather protectors will be good for it since it's not really leather.

Reactions: ssq
Yes!!! Confirmation! That is why I didn't get the premium package. Definitely looks more durable than the perforated. Looks like marshmallow.

Looks like I have the go signal to enlarge my family and add to the world's population infestation. :D

Thank you Ssq for posting.

How is the feel? Is it extremely plush? I wonder if the no-staining properties extends to the sides of the seat. Also wondering if leather protectors will be good for it since it's not really leather.
Mt first reaction was it looks nice but maybe a bit too bright (I am a low key guy, not used to bright, flashy things). But on close inspection and letting it settle in, it felt like the white seats brigten up the interior and make it look spacious. The feel is definitely far more softer than any leather I have touched/felt in any car ever. Soft to an extent that it got me worried about durability :/
I have a 70-30 (in favor) feeling about the white seats as of now. Immediately after I checked out tan seats in another X, it felt like any good old luxury car, familiar leather, familiar seats, familiar texture and firmness. Not exciting though.. and a bit dull.

I like the look a lot. I like my perforated black too. Perforated is annoying as stuff gets in the holes and you need a vac to get it out.

Non perf white looks beautiful! My kids would think it was a canvas though. I'd definitely be testing the stain repellent after the first day.

Main reason why I chose the non premium. My sense is that tesla will eventually un-bundle the air cooled seats so people can still get the premium package options and get non perforated seats. That way people that don't care much for perforation can have the other options.

Main reason why I chose the non premium. My sense is that tesla will eventually un-bundle the air cooled seats so people can still get the premium package options and get non perforated seats. That way people that don't care much for perforation can have the other options.
I too think bundling ventilated seats with the premium package was a mistake. I love the subtle interior accent lighting and fog lights but don't want ventilated seats with a kid. If I had my way, ventilated seats would be an add on alongside cold weather package (heated and cooled ventilated seats) for $750-1000 more and premium package would be a $2500-3000 add on.

Reactions: Diavel and Porfiry
Those non perforated seats are gorgeous. That alone, and the lovely self presenting door, should be enough to squelch pup upgrades. :)
I tried the non PUP doors and I would say they are 75% the functionality of PUP doors, which is good enough for me. The doors still open up on key press and close when you press the brake on non PUP as well as close when you tug slightly at the door handle. See my post below how I think they could have split the premium package for people with kids - this is supposed to be a family car, hence my argument on keeping ventilated seats separate from all other premium package features. If that was the case I would have gone with self presenting doors too :/
Regardless, as an engineer I greatly cherish the self presenting doors, what a beauty of a feature (when it works right :p)

@Diavel Sir Diavel! the 6 seat config is super awesome. I cannot emphasize enough how relieved and satisfied I am having chosen 6 over 7. It feels ridiculously more spacious and offers great leg room and grand views to all passengers. Although the 7 seater is awesome too for people who need it, but I continue to feel claustrophobic in that. I think it has something to do with the high seat backs severely limiting rear visibility. The third row seems walled off.. my 2 cents.

I too think bundling ventilated seats with the premium package was a mistake. I love the subtle interior accent lighting and fog lights but don't want ventilated seats with a kid. If I had my way, ventilated seats would be an add on alongside cold weather package (heated and cooled ventilated seats) for $750-1000 more and premium package would be a $2500-3000 add on.

It's my understanding that only the front two seats are ventilated/perforated with the PUP?

It's my understanding that only the front two seats are ventilated/perforated with the PUP?
Front 2 seats ventilated, but all 6/7 seats perforated. At least that is what it was a month ago during my MeetTheX test drive where I saw 4 of them all with PUP at that time. Perhaps they will alter that to be only front 2 perforated for PUP, but hard to say until someone reports it with pictures of a newly delivered X.

Front 2 seats ventilated, but all 6/7 seats perforated. At least that is what it was a month ago during my MeetTheX test drive where I saw 4 of them all with PUP at that time. Perhaps they will alter that to be only front 2 perforated for PUP, but hard to say until someone reports it with pictures of a newly delivered X.
I saw another PUP X to be delivered yesterday at the San Diego SC, all seats were perforated.