Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nokian ONE tires-First Impressions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Nokian One for the 18" wheels are $187 at Discounttiredirect.com currently. So far, we have driven about 900 miles and the electricity usage is up to about 255 wh/mile. Handling has been fine. Control at highway speeds is fine. Planning on taking a road trip soon. Will report back afterwards.

Update: We have almost 1,400 miles on the tires and the energy usage rate is around 260 Wh/mile versus 240 with the original Michelins. Tires behave about the same as OEMs. The energy usage projections for trips has improved with the new OS update allowing for the New Tire reset. About to head out for a road trip and will report back in a couple weeks.

Just returned from a 2,400 mile road trip to Portland. As far as the car and tires, it was almost a perfect trip. I used the "Autopilot" and Traffic Assisted Cruise Control and there were a few phantom braking incidents. As far as the Nokian One tires, we averaged just under 253 wh/mile for the trip, with 44psi in tires at about 65 degrees. We had temperatures over 100 degrees and lows were into the 60's on this trip. Handling was fine at speeds up to 80 mph. I did note that energy usage was lower on the way home as I kept the speed down (average about 70 on interstate 5) to limit the last 440 mile drive to one supercharger stop. AC was in constant use during the final drive as temperatures were up on that leg of the trip. I would say I am pretty satisfied with these tires.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz and tm1v2
I have the Nokian WR G4. I bought these online from simple tire tesla model s rear wheel 245 45 19. Not happy.

I had Hancock winter time before this before that I had the stock Goodyear tires.
Hankook were amazing especially when I went from Goodyear to Hancock winter.

I did not enjoy mounting different tires in different season. So I got the nokian wrg4.

I am disappointed for winter driving they have a lot of tread left but they are slippery.

The reviews were so good that I feel like maybe the ones I have are fake

Bought them from simpletire.com

Installed Nokian One tires last month. After driving 1,000 miles they are noticeably louder than the original Continentals even after 44,000 miles. They ride softer and absorb minor road imperfections well. Handling is at least as good as the OEMs, no issues there. Can’t comment on efficiency b/c last update a few days ago reset all my odometer trip settings! Have to start from square one on that. The only Negative is the noise issue, which would keep me from buying them again. Hoping they quiet a bit with more wear.

• Informative
Reactions: DrGriz
Installed Nokian One tires last month. After driving 1,000 miles they are noticeably louder than the original Continentals even after 44,000 miles. They ride softer and absorb minor road imperfections well. Handling is at least as good as the OEMs, no issues there. Can’t comment on efficiency b/c last update a few days ago reset all my odometer trip settings! Have to start from square one on that. The only Negative is the noise issue, which would keep me from buying them again. Hoping they quiet a bit with more wear.
I didn't notice much difference in noise between the OEM Michelins and the Nokian Ones but, then I have tinnitus.

@Darwood77 @OGHeng,

Any updates on the Ones in snow and ice or just colder temps?
They’re still doing well. It’s in the 10-20”F range here now, but there hasn’t been any real snow or ice yet. I’m anxious to see how they do in those conditions as well. I’m not expecting them to be nearly as good as the Hakkapellitta R3 winter tires that I also have, but I’m hoping that they’re better than the average all-season tire. Will update.

I followed through with my plan from last year - posted earlier in this thread - to replace the original Michelin MXM4s on my mid-2020 Model 3 with the Nokian One tires. I have had the new tires for about 2 weeks and so far I am very pleased. The handling is very assured and smooth. The deep tread, unlike that of the MXM4, has the capacity to better handle rain and light snow (I have dedicated winter tires for the real cold weather). The tires are quiet - as quiet on most roads, but maybe just a bit more noisy on certain other surfaces (rough, granulated pavement). The efficiency has been excellent, even though the tires are still in their break-in period. The price was reasonable. And I expect the durability to be much better than for the MXM4s, which were really not impressive from that standpoint.

Nokian One tires don't get a lot of discussion in the general tire threads in these forums. But I think that they are a good candidate for all-season replacement tires.

Reactions: DrGriz
Any reports on snow/ ice performance? And how they compare to say CC2’s or V Quatrac Pros. I like that these have a minimal range hit
Before I swapped for my studded Nokian winter tyres, I did drive a few times on snow floor and ice. They weren't bad, but on true black ice, they skidded a little. Not as much as the OEM Continental's, but more than the studs. I would probably be fine driving them all winter. I have the studs, though.

Reactions: kadenm
I put on Nokian WR G4 just after buying our Tesla. Saved the original Michelin tires in the loft. Now at 22,304 miles and the Nokians are down to 4/32 and I thought we would get more miles out of them. Going to put the OEM tires back on soon I think, not much snow or ice this year in Oregon. With that said I expect a load of snow any minute..ha.

I put on Nokian WR G4 just after buying our Tesla. Saved the original Michelin tires in the loft. Now at 22,304 miles and the Nokians are down to 4/32 and I thought we would get more miles out of them. Going to put the OEM tires back on soon I think, not much snow or ice this year in Oregon. With that said I expect a load of snow any minute..ha.
One can only hope we get more snow.

You might not know since you switched to the wrg4 soon after buying. But did you notice much of an impact to efficiency with the wrg4’s?

You might not know since you switched to the wrg4 soon after buying. But did you notice much of an impact to efficiency with the wrg4’s?
You are correct...at that time I was not paying attention to efficiency....only had about 800 miles on the car at that point. I did notice the increased grip and somewhat better road handling...At this point I hope to eek out another 2k miles before having to switch back to the OEM tires....might as well, they are like new. and fulfilling my parsimonious tendencies....

Reactions: kadenm