Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No longer sure i want a tesla at all...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great, not sure if you have already answered this but is the Y road noise more noticeable than the Mercedes?
definitely not. much quieter at lower speeds, about the same at highway cruising, the noise is just different. the mercedes had a turbo 4. pretty amazing engine, got 36 MPG on long trips several times, and 0-60 in 6.2. but at idle it sounded like a diesel and the NVH characteristics were pretty poor in general. tesla is smooth and quiet. a little noisier since i moved in all my car stuff (umbrellas, reusable shopping bags, fire dept blue light, pens etc etc) but no squeaks or rattles from the car.

You should follow the advice of your Avatar " dont panic"

and as far as Tesla service is concerned it has improved ... however ... since i have only had to bring my MS in for service 2 times in 3 years ... it is irrelevant once you get your vehicle ... i would rather suffer thru delivery ... and never visit the SC again ... for many this is the case

I was gonna say the same. My 3 was totaled in December and it’s been tough getting a replacement and I changed my order to the Y. I notice a lot of the people complaining have not owned a Tesla. I’m very patient for my delivery because my 9 months (18k miles) of ownership was pure bliss...no issues or SC visits whatsoever. That could also be because I didn’t come on this forum until recently. I just enjoyed the car. People freak out a lot here.

Tesla had COVID19 issues before others due to the new factory shutdown in China, plus they shut down their factory here in the US for the first 3 weeks at the same time. They were still filling the 3 orders before they moved up the Y orders. Chill people.

Be happy you’re alive. I know people that have died from this virus. I’m glad my local Tesla store associates are closed and safe.

BTW I had a delivery issue in January - delivery scheduled and no car when I arrived. I was pissed but understood that *sugar* happens. The associates had no clue, there was a glitch in the system. They were so nice and promised to deliver to me when the time comes.

You need your life to enjoy the car. Chill!

Reactions: rxlawdude