Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Zealand

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Jerome Guillen this morning. ( in part see rest of message different post).

For customers in New Zealand, we appreciate their interest and commitment to Tesla, but we are not going to be present there in the short to medium term. They will have to bear the consequences of their choices: in particular, if they buy a European car, the warranty will only be valid in Europe, requiring them to ship the car back to Europe for warranty work.

It's not so much that this means another two year wait for me (making it over four in total) here in NZ. It's the fact that Tesla has done ZERO to communicate this to deposit holders in NZ. Where is the official Tesla notification to us about this NZ policy??? Are they still taking reservations and deposits from people in NZ? I think this is really poor form from Tesla. Might write a letter to Elon and Jerome about it. They should do something for people who have had reservations as long as I have.

It's a shame that only a minor party is making an election issue of promoting EV transport. The promise of $10million invested into fast charger infrastructure should certainly earn some party votes from EV owners.

http://www.3news.co.nz/politics/crown-cars-to-switch-to-electric-under-greens-2014091110

As for current incentives, other than the RUC exemption, here is something worthwhile....

http://www.mercury.co.nz/EVDeal

This is a good investment and should be applauded. Well done! Now to just get elected!

Hi All,
Now that we have 2 Service Centres in Australia, some 200 cars with more on the way and an emerging Supercharger network perhaps its time to refocus back on New Zealand.
Elon mentioned that he was surprised\encouraged by the sales in Australia, perhaps they may be more amenable to selling in New Zealand now?
PeterW and SteveWest do you still hold your original reservations or were they cancelled?
Does any New Zealander want to start a Confirmed Orders in New Zealand thread?
On a personal not I gave a test ride to some Auckland based friends a few weeks back and I think they would be very interested if Tesla came to NZ.